1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TROT ON 2 ...24lb COD BEST FOR WHITBY THIS YEAR

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by E.F.C. FOREVER, Nov 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

First of all Id like to get this off my chest ..... brassy u shi*house. Trot on 2 and trot on 1 both took the bull by thr horns today and both proved that shadding is not over for the winter when a bit ov bad weather comes or is dirter waters inshore.

Dolly ...aka ...paul eddon. Has always sed to me fortune favours the bold.... sure paid off today as my doggy do dohou*e mate brassy shows here

[​IMG]

Brassy the captor of this fine beast had 2 use a proper rod nd reel (mine) to retrieve this creature from the deep.....

I was aboard mick on Avante uptiding today got a good 20 lb bag nothing massive but mops aplenty.

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

3. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Perry, As you know, I was also out with Dolly yesterday and you missed a great day mate. The morning was pretty hectic especially when on the first drop I got into a cod of about 7lb. As I was bringing it to the surface it seemed to be tangled with another rod on the other side of the boat as his rod was bent double.

Fortunately it was not the mother of all tangles but Brassy with this (God I hope the link works as I am not too good with photobucket)

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/fazbats/023_zps65851aa9.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/fazbats/024_zpsd57c67c8.jpg

Sorry about the pictures but I did not have my camera only the mobile phone.
    It went 24lb 2oz on the boat scales. OK! some might say maybe not the most accurate weight but a bloody cracking fish.
    Just a shame we could not get Brassy to smile ;D LOL

Anyway I had 3 cod between about 5 - 8lb, A few ling to about 5lb and a cracking Pollack which I would say was deffo a double however no pictures of that one. and a gurnard.
    The fishing was spot on in the morning but the afternoon was a different story. The wind started to pick up which with the decent tide that was running, holding bottom was just not happening. All in all a good day out with good company.

I have another long weekend off in December So just might sneak a little trip in if Dolly has a wrecking trip available

Carl

4. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Well the link works but I had wanted the pics to be visible in the post............ Never mind I will keep trying

5. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Cracking fish, well done,

First pic wont load but here is your second

[​IMG]

6. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish.
    Can I just say, if I catch one that size, I promise I will crack a grin.

7. bucko

bucko New Member

Corker of a fish!

So how far did they have to go to find clear water?

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

They were 20 mile out m8......better stamp of fish on the wreck they were on skipper was telling me if they hadnt been hampered by weather after dinner they would of had a very good day same as carl says. Heres a pic of brassy nearly smiling [​IMG]

9. congerball

congerball Blenny

10. Misso

Misso Blenny

Nice one brassy and well done Paul want some

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

Yeah well done brassy just dnt forget whos rod reel and shad u bloody used ...

12. E.F.C. FOREVER

Honest thou I aint a bitter person

13. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:'(

;D

14. E.F.C. FOREVER

Dummys out well nd truley

15. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Haha don't worry about it mate.. We will catch a big un 1 day ::)

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cracking fish that, lovely to see.

17. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Nice fish brassy will be like a spring chicken i think you can expect to see a few more into the 20ss this coming year i wish i had taken a picture of the cod what was in whitby catch caught by one of the trawlers 2 weeks ago it was well over 40lb he caught it towing 2 miles aback of the bellbouy couldnt belive it when it was on the display counter in the shop billy the manager said they had bought 3 boxes of very large cod off the fish quay caught by one of the local trawlers.

paul.

18. E.F.C. FOREVER

Well hopefully ya right paul.....would be great to see. I want 24.3 now just so I got bragging rights over brassy childish I know but its brassy aint it. Billy said to me other day that them cod were huge and the had a big halibut in aswell....

19. bucko

bucko New Member

Might have to enquire about a trip to the horizon in the next month or so.
    I would love to dust the lures off again- April is a long way off!!

20. E.F.C. FOREVER

07766995847 give paul a ring he will go weather permitting. Plus side of it is that the wrecks are getting chance to fill up with fish as some boats are uptiding. Some dont bother through the winter and the days u lose to weather are giving them chance to load up ;-)