1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tronix Rockfish Revolution 7-28g

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dan the pollock, Jul 7, 2014.

1. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Anyone seen these new rods?

thinking of one for pollock fishing

2. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Dan ... I haven't seen one of these in the flesh but hooking online it appears to be part of their lrf range of rods. Given its casting weight I can see it being a light weight piece of kit.

I guess it would depend on the size if Pollock you would be targeting on it. Smaller fish down the sides of rocks etc would probably be fine but I wouldn't wanna be targeting the bigger fish on it from the shore. I've been smashed a few times up Scotland using a 15-50g plugging rod and have actually gone for a heavier rod 28_80g rating to give me more of a chance if landing em.

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

it is for bigger fish but fishing with lighter soft plastics and jigs as some of the heavier rods ive used, lose the feel of the lure when fishing with weedless setups down to around 10g

4. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm sure it'll be ideal for that kind of setup dan... Just not too sure how well it'll cope trying to get a big one up from the bottom and landed.

5. glassback

glassback Blenny

i have a rockfish dan but its 5 to 12 grm i think
    never used it yet got it for the grankids to use

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Dan loves his light rods. Should be fun watching him use it :)

7. GJW

GJW Rockling

I have the lighter rockfish like Andy, great sport with a little 1000-2500 reel.. Hooked a 3lb 8oz Pollack on a tiny jig head and had to play it for about 10 minutes, it was an awesome scrap, also had a few good wrasse on it too..

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cant wait to see Dan hook an 8 pounder on it then. I still laugh regular about the night he got a pollack on his fly rod. Took him 30 mins to get it off the bottem, but the lad wouldnt be beat.

9. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Ha bloody hell that was a few years ago now. weighed around 5 or 6lb if I remember rightly. the look on your face as you paddled past me was a picture