1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treble replacement

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by craig t, Apr 12, 2014.

1. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Decided to dig my summer gear out for a sort out in anticipation of those warm summer nights on the shore, and as suspected my lures are looking a bit worse for wear and need new trebles so what size do I replace them with and any recommended brands.
    Could also do with a new reel so any views on that also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. TheNorthSea

TheNorthSea Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

generally size 4 should be all you need,some lures actions can change dramatically though with trebles of different weights and sizes.your trebles might be on a lure for some time so choose a decent brand like owner or vmc.

3. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Alright Craig,

Ive just got some of these off this guy on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-VMC-4X-STRONG-TREBLES-SIZE-4-PERMA-STEEL-9626-PS-/301136919258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461d28bada

The price is pretty decent and free delivery too, he does size 2 and 6 as well, most of my plugs seem to be a number 4 but some of the smaller ones are a 6 but I already had a packet of them from the other year.

4. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was thinking 4s to be honest, funnily enough I was looking as those Ben have you or Dan ventured out yet Iam starting to get cabin fever.

5. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Only fishing we have done this year was a day at scaling last weekend. Dan is off to Anglesey next weekend with his wife camping for a few days, hes got instructions to find some nice looking spots but not catch anything till we both go back later in the year lol.

Think were gonna give Scotland a go back end of May, but yeah Im itchin to get out again round here, reckon this mild winter and spring will speed things up a bit compared to last year.

6. congerball

congerball Blenny

I replace all mine with 'Owners' now. I forget the size but ill check later. They're quality.