1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trawler Boarded

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Paul Grover, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Paul Grover

Paul Grover Guest

I just watched the ITV Local news and theres a news item where they accompanied a RN team from a destroyer onto a Belgian trawler.
    The trawler had more fish on board than its allowed quota Strangely that was OK though? Because they are allowed to have more than their quota. It was still fishing too. FFS Whats the point in any of this?
    Even the people who get caught dont get adequate sentencing to deter them. It seems profitable to me If they flout the laws and rules and pay the small fines IF they get caught?
    Should be on the ITV tea time news at 6 oclock take a look?

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Couldn't agree with you more Grover.They should set the law in stone,if you get boarded and caught for either fishing in illegal areas or having more than your quota on board,you lose your vessel,no ifs, buts, maybes or court cases.See how many of the furkers flout the law then.The boats that are seized should be stripped of all contaminated parts and sunk,giving new ground for fish to breed on,would be a bit ironic as it's the trawlers who have flattened rock marks and timber wrecks to the ground ;D ;D

3. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

i think they should not be aloud with in 10 miles of the shore like norway