1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tope in Luce Bay

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by willybendit, Apr 24, 2011.

1. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

just been on another forum and there is a report that three tope have been caught in Luce bay Makkie are thin on the ground but looking good 6 weeks or so to the SharkAtag lets hope Luce fishes better than last year who's going this year tightlines Alain

2. mike_1987

mike_1987 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

would love to go wut not having a boat or a yak would be limeted to shore fishing what are the chances of a tope from the shore there?

3. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

supposed to be one of the best places in the country for shore tope,think most tope shore fishing is done from the mull around drummore and towards the head .will be trying to talk a couple of mates to go up in a couple of weeks and will have a go at tope but plenty more species to go at if the tope are scarce like they were last year.
    frank.

4. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

i know of a few lads that have had tope from the shore i up there for three weeks so ill be giving it a go plus giving the hounds a crack great sport also going to give black bream a go not caught one of them yet just found out the place to try tightlines Alain

5. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

up at carsaig at the mo skate fishing should be down on the mull for the weekend going for haddock and pollock off logan but going over to monreith /port william area for a crack at them sunday/monday

6. mike_1987

mike_1987 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

looks like i will be saveing the pennies and going up to give it a got then thanks lads :)

7. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Just got back from getting my mates boat sorted and dropping it onto its moorings at the Isle of Whithorn. Didn't have time to do any fishing this trip but the locals tell me that they have had a few herring in the boats. Shore still quiet with mainly dogfish and the odd pollock.
    Three of us will be fishing the shark a tag on my mates boat out of the Isle. Weather permitting we have a mark less than a mile off st Ninnian's cave. It's usually good for a number of small pack tope between 15-30lb.

8. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Bobthedog just watch out for the Filey issTakers that bunch of gits are fishing round that area come the SharkAtag ill be bobing up & down in Luce Bay well away from the riff raff not long now 4 or 5 weeks carnt wait my boats all ready tightlines Alain

9. cps

cps Rockling

now now alan we dont all take it all the time , we take it in turns so you get it all the time LOL

10. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

Yep we have 4 boats going from filey so we drew up a *iss taking rota :yes: :yes: :laugh: :laugh:

11. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

now you filey old Farts bring it on stick & stones and all that tightlines Alain

12. cps

cps Rockling

and 22mm steel punchings in the catipult to hole ur hull below the water line lol