1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips For Photographing Bluebells ??

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Baramundi Bob, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Something Ive always found next to impossoble is photographing anything in woodland. The contrasts of light and shade and no background other than trees just doesnt seem to work. Ive been trying too photograph bluebells and leeft with very unappealing shots

2. Baramundi Bob

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

what about some nice macro upclose shots?

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Ive just been to have a go and there was hardly any out so i think they are still a couple of weeks away Glenn. I have a spot in mind where the chance of good composition will be better

5. Baramundi Bob

The ones I took were at staithes and out very early. Im guessing your spot is near rosebury topping Matty ? I haveseen some nice shots from there.

6. Baramundi Bob

I hate close ups Dan.

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Aye your right glenn. I've seen the ones of roseberry and will do a bit of copying and also try and find something a bit different if I can

8. jacfodder

jacfodder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

beverley westwood.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].
    crete.[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]

9. Baramundi Bob

The Joe Cornish ones are the ones Im thinking of. Also Ive been going in the Arts Bank at Saltburn quite a bit and theres a girl in there and her photographs just blow me away. Think she had a few of Rosebuty Topping. Her name is Leigh Rebecca.

10. jacfodder

jacfodder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

oops something went wrong there :embarrass:

11. Baramundi Bob

Although Im not massivly keen on close ups, I do like these.

12. Baramundi Bob

Here you go Matty. This girls work is breathtaking. Well worth a visit to have a look at her stuff.

[​IMG]

http://www.artsbank.co.uk/shop/product/bluebells-at-roseberry/

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Some Great shots in the link ,some realy realy good,
    but some cant see where the £150 plus price tags come from

there are some from forum members much better ,(in my humble opinion),
    i too have found blue bells a little awkward to photograph,

will have a look about next time i am in the country side and see what i come up with .

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

yes glenn thats the view i have seen many times, some nice pics in that link

15. Baramundi Bob

My friend runs a gallery Harry and I have observed his pricing. When you take everything into account its a fair price. Youve got to remember that its £15 at least for a decent sized print, then upwrads of £30 for a nice frame.( Ive got a large pic in my living room which cost me nearly £80 to get framed in a nice oak finish), Gallery lighting, heating, staff time. Then when you sell the photo youve got income tax to pay. Leaving perhaps £40 - 50 max profit to split between the gallery and the artist and sometimes the photo's are on the wall for weeks or even months before they sell. It looks like a licence to print money, but I dont think it is. My mate Tom tells me its a labour of love.

If we sold one of our pics we get all the profit and we have no overheads but whats the chances of us selling our work ?

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Aye you have a point Glen , I have paid good money to get some of my photo,s
    printed to give to friends and family,

i suppose it is what people see in a picture ,as to what they will pay,
    i do love to look at what i think are great landscapes ,

and great wild life photographs alike , but some of the more abstract pictures have me beat ,

17. Baramundi Bob

Have you been to the arts bank Harry ? I feel so inspired everytime I go there.

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I haven,t Glen , were do i find it ?

19. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

http://search.babylon.com/?q=saltburn+art+bank&babsrc=HP_ss&s=web&rlz=0&as=0

try here first harry, then just go to milton street saltburn, as glen says, good selection of art/photos.

Davy Lowe also has some cracking shots of both local moors & my favourite ones of Kossof at redcar jazz club.

worth compairing to your punk bassist shot.

http://www.artsbank.co.uk/

20. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry,
    hes actually called graham lowe, not david!

http://www.grahamlowephotography.com/

RE : Prices etc, you only get what you pay for, you all know the cost of equipment, materials etc.

Years ago artists would buy old pictures from salerooms etc just for the frames, but people soon caught on,the days of getting a
    box of old photoes for 2£ are long gone.