1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips For Buying Soft Plastic Lures - Shads, Sandeels, Sidewinders, Savage Gear !

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Tips from Dan Bennet of Whitby Angling Supplies at the link below :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/soft-plastic-fishing-lures-look

2. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sound advice Dan

3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One issue I'd take up in that article though when reference is made to colour of the shad being of no importance, too bloody right it is, time after time when anglers aboard are using identical gear, same weight, same b/s braid , same make and size of shad complete with hook size, fish on any given day do show a preference for a certain colour

Spend your hard earned on decent makes with a decent colour range and different sizes in the same patterns as sometimes they even show a preference for a particular size as dependant on the available feed that they're on and you'll not go wrong

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I would tend to agree with the colour thing Brian. What I would say is to have as wide a range of colours as possible in your bag because you can always be sure that the one the fish want is the one you dont have.

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

True that Bri. I was over the scuars one day with various coloured sized shads, Not sniff, then i decided to put a naturally coloured sandeel on about 5 inches long, and instantly got into the fish. I didnt think any cod were about until the sandeel went on.

6. Semtex Simon

Semtex Simon Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for the link and Thanks Dan for the Article .

am off to raid the Piggy Bank ::)

Simon