1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip Lights for Sea Fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing WebSite Reviews And Links' started by FireFly, Mar 11, 2016.

1. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

2. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Its just a personal thing but i find anything with a battery usually has trouble with sea water and connections at some time, i used to buy the isotope ones that lasted 10 years but now buy the starlite type off ebay the chinese ones about 2-3 quid for 20 they are bright enough and i have put them in the freezer before and they have regenerated themselves, i cant stand looking at those ultrabright ones

3. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Headlamp simple,can't see slack liners with a tip light

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

I love them, best I've come across for a very long time. But as they say, horses for courses I suppose.

5. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wonder how they would fish in cloudy water on a shad after a bit of swell, at that price might be worth a shout, waterproof to 250 metres

• Like Like x 1
  6. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

mine lasted 3 casts then flew off... the second one I have put on with tape as I was finding the line was catching it. I do like the fact you just put the battery in backwards for storage.
    the are a lot cheaper from the the manufacturer in tiawan.... but then.... they would be.:)

funnily enough its on a firefly rod as well

7. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Funnily enough scrubbs I have had lads testing them and doing write ups for the lights, and they had no probs with them coming off. I supply 2 sizes of holders to ensure no probs, and of course cheaper if bought direct from manufacturer, the same as 90% of fishing tackle sold I would think but without the hassle of Custom & exise & the dreaded VAT. But everyone to their own as they say. Out of interest how much did it cost you for 2 lights from Taiwan with postage? :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  8. scrubbs

I didn't buy them from manufacturer, I picked them up locally last year I paid about £4/5 for the 2 but there was only 1 size holder.. but the manufacturer was quoting 50 mm LED fishing rod tip light: US$5.0 in july last year and minimum order of 50. I think the 37mm was US$4.50

9. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

You had a very good deal then mate at that price without doubt. One company is selling at £9.99 plus P&P of about £2.5 on their website. another guy on Ebay is selling on there at £6.99 plus over £2 for P&P but sells them around the forums for the last 2 yrs at £5.99 plus P&P, now dropped his price to match mine. The 2 holders have solved the problem of fitting to rods or appears to have. I have got the manufacturer to provide both holders in the packs now. If that was the price last year then the manufacturer has certainly altered his prices. lol. Thanks for the input. :)

10. scrubbs

no problem:)