1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Time to kick sea angling out of the Angling Trust"

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ian Alexander, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Totally agree with him, who wants to be represented by a Quango that just want to give away sea anglers rights, and why pay money for them to do it?

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thank £uck for that. The sooner they kick us out the better. Bring it on. Leave Sea Angling untouched by laws, rules, regulation, codes of conducts and know it all Mullet anglers. The Angling Trust and The National Federation Of Sea Anglers before them have never done a single thing positive for sea angling. If the Angling Trust want us to part with money I will pay them to throw all sea anglers out of the organisation.

4. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have always thought Keith Arthur was a self opinionated Gob .........te, who says a lot, but has not much substance to his words, he is lost in his own self importance.Those who hang on his words should take a step back, and actually think for themselves instead of relying on words from a hollow man.
    So far as Sea Anglers being "kicked out" of the AT, who asked us to be in in the first place? :no:
    I fully appreciate that to get a number of sea anglers together to represent the future of the sport will be next to impossible, as a group I think that it is not so much apathy, but more the resistance to any form of regulation that we suffer from., and as for a licence, who would regulate and check up on us, it is hard enough to get a copper if you have your car stolen, and the EA are next to useless.I have had my EA licence checked once in 42 years !

Roger (Grumpy old man)

5. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

I have always thought Keith Arthur was a self opinionated Gob .........te

Yup. Forgetting for a moment the Sea angling bit the guy is a dick.

[licence fee and granted autonomy. [..] Trust could turn its attention to what have become known as commercial fisheries and actually put some controls and checks in place.]

So when he and his ilk have control of the cash they will direct spending to his pet hates (forget all that other nonsense that licence money is spent on currently)

No-one would be allowed to open a fishery without certified fishery management knowledge.

Because of course no current fishery owner has a clue.

If fish are looked on as an investment demanding a return, we are on a very slippery slope.

Err.. yea lets apply the same bulls**t thought process to all farming and industry. The horror of a "very slippery slope" to profitability. What will they think of next.

[5] Guy obviously sees more opportunities to spend any cash left over on his pet hates. Cyclists and moored boats this time. As we all know they are the key issues for the future of angling.

[6] Nice one this ... Whine about exclusively sea related issues having opened by throwing all the sea anglers out.

Na sorry comes across as a "if I ruled the world ....." (or at least the angling part) rant.
    I might have written similar stuff part way down a bottle of scotch myself but at least I had the good sense to wait until morning before hitting "post".

6. esoxuk

esoxuk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Keef Arfurs a total to@@er, he gets these strange idea's tells the world then that's the last we hear of them.
    I mainly fish for pike, I'm the regional organiser for the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain for The Rotherham & Sheffield region and can quite honestly say that we are looked down upon by other course angling clubs and groups, even Keef has had a few pops at us. I'm hoping that more predator anglers join the Angling Trust and get their presence felt then maybe we will get more support from the top and cut through the problems caused by short sighted anglers who are willing to pull down others which will eventually see the demise of angling.
    Similarly sea anglers need to secure their positions and be represented by a voice, the Angling Trust may not be the one but at the moment its the best we have. Just look at whats happening with the AT on the kayak front and I know that there's already been threads published on here and doubt about their choice of website to represent the sport, but lets be honest its better than being ignored altogether.
    The Angling Trust are trying to secure their position over the British Canoe Union as the BCU is seriously looking at all the kayakers as potential members, believe me the BCU if the chips are down will not support anglers as they know nothing about us and are only interested in the potential income. This makes the Angling Trust the lesser of two evils as at least they MAY well support sea anglers if the membership fee's they take are too much to lose... money is power, especially if a prominent sea angler were to become part of the Trust.

There's one thing certain, if sea angling does not get its act together it will be vulnerable from attack from the likes of Keef Arfur and a whole plethora of angling anti's who will see it as easy pickings.

7. Baramundi Bob

No its not. Its better to be ignored. Tell me one thing positive that any angling body has ever done for sea angling. For every 1 you name Ill give you 10 ways they've tried to drop us in the $hit.

8. esoxuk

esoxuk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

With the greatest of respect to take a few random words from the entire content of what I wrote and to make your comment is not really constructive and unfortunately in the long term will serve no good at all.
    The writing is on the wall, sea angling will be seeing some big changes in the not too distant future and we will all feel the impact of it in some way, without a common voice how are we to be heard?
    Phil

9. Baramundi Bob

Far too many people come out with sentences just like yours. I don't know about yourself, but most of the people I mention base such statements on nothing, other than they think it sounds good.

Maybe you are different and can add some substance to that statement ?

I've followed The NFSA, BASS, Angling Trust, SACN for quite some time now, many many years. I have seen no benefit brought to sea angling from any of these bodies, whilst conversely Ive observed them bring all sorts of troubles to our doors.

10. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Where is this wall, who wrote on it, and what's he written? It was that bl00dy Nostrodamus again was it?

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I would like to no who is going to stop me from enjoying my sport,
    i lookforward to my trips to scotland each year,
    and so does scotland , the money we anglers spread around the country is enough
    payment ,and it is greatly appreciated by the various tourist boards,
    i would not pay a brass tack to anyone to go sea fishing ,
    the only people who did get money from me was the NFSAS through the clubs i have been in,
    thats it , i will collect bait, go fishing whare i want without interference from anybody ,they can all SOD OFF ,to oput it mildly :angry:

12. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What is that actually supposed to mean?

You can look back to the 1960's and everyboy was saying s@~t like coarse fishing "will be seeing some big changes in the not too distant future...." it's all a load of b@@locks. Listen, i'm a fan of coarse, game and sea fishing. There are far to many regulatory bodies in the coarse and game scene, and few of them do much good. I pay my subs every year, and have got checked once in 20 years of fishing, and when i did get checked the EA guy was an argumentative little fu@:cker. As if your going to make some "BIG CHANGES" with sea fishing. Who's going to be checking me at 3am at Blast Beach on a sunday morning?

Jim

13. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

love it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    cant see anyone walking down that hill or down those steps when it dark raining and close to zero...
    cheers
    Paul

14. Baramundi Bob

There was talk of the new IFCA officials being issued with Stab vests.

15. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

EA licence checkers have had stab vests for a couple of years , The one time I had my EA licence checked they were working in pairs and looked as though they had just done a shift in Basra.
    Dodgy job checking law abiding anglers, never see them taking on the "REAL" poachers and fish thieves.
    Roger

16. Baramundi Bob

The more I think about it, the more I really get confused at what some Sea Anglers perceive they get out of bodies such as the Angling Trust. You often hear the Clichés. "You have to be in it to have your voice heard", "They represent us with the Government" etc etc etc. But can anyone put any meat on the bones of what they do that is positive for Sea Angling.

It really does confuse me, how some Sea Anglers believe its worthwhile. What's it all about it ? Have they ever come up with a strategy for tackling commercial overfishing for example ? Infact, other than the odd bit of rhetoric, have they ever even challenged commercial dominance in Marine Fisheries management ?

Do they even understand the real issues that face today's Sea Angler. (Other than the bread floating loonys from the south).

17. Baramundi Bob

Interesting quote from Boat Fishing Monthly Author - Steve Coppollo

from here :

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Time-kick-sea-fishing-Angling-Trust-t2676406.html

18. littleshack

littleshack Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

This bloke sounds like a facist t@ss@r we shall fight them on the beaches ect ect.