1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tiga headlights

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wec, Feb 11, 2007.

1. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

Is it me or do Tiga Headlights seem poor value for money . After the battery failed on a 14 month old Tiga, a new battery was purchased from croppers models in Brid for £12 and has served well for 12 months. This leads me to the conclusion that the head piece must be the most expensieve piece of plastic in the angling world !!! As CPS quoted the other day, a miner's head piece connected to the same battery as above (10 AMP 6 volt ) takes some beating. The deluxe model a 4 AMP 6 volt battery as I like to call it is perfect when fishing for a couple of hours cos it weighs next to nowt. Obviously don't forget to change the bulb to 6 volt ( bike shop top 'o Victoria Road , Scarborough . has a cracking selection of 6 volt bulbs !!! ) .

2. mww

mww Rockling

When you look at what they add on for supplying a bog-standard 6V lead-acid battery & charger, you've probably got a very good point - you can actually buy the headpiece & cable for £60-70, then another £15-20 will get you battery & charger - you might already have a suitable charger as well - I did.

To be honest, it's probably worth replacing the battery every season anyway as they soon seem to lose their charge capacity - think it's the summer lay-off that does it...mind you, the same used to happen to my miners lamp batteries as well!!

On the Holderness board, there was a guy flogging very cheap bulbs for the Tigas, even listed 35W bulbs!!

Mart

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yeah your right,

Battery under a tenner from maplins, charger 10 pound from maplins plus about 2 quid delivery. For what the headpiece is your right it's a rip off. But they are great for bait digging. The spread of the light is useful.

4. Stu

Stu New Member

you can also get the bulbs from maplins for 3.49 tackle shops were going to charge me 9.99 for one on my samalite which is a nearly the same as a tiga just a different battery same bulbs and connections i think kieths sells the headpiece for 70 quid so the light can cost 90 quid if you buy battery and charger from maplins

5. Baramundi Bob

I bought a new one the other week after the little problem I had with my old one. Can anyone tell me how long your meant to charge the battery for and what that little button is on the battery ?

6. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

charge it til the red light on charger turns green glenn.they can be left on charge as well, as the charger stops charging when the battery is full.think it trickle charges after that.the button on the battery is a reset button if the battery trips out(after a bulb blows or something)

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ive had my tiga for about 3 seasons now , so far ive had three batteries for it ,1 x rubber seal , 1 x new lense , 1 x batteries connections ,and 1 x bulb, , the only thing i dont really like about it is the head piece is to fragile ,and the batterie is abit heavy (which i,m used to now) and its a twxx to put your smock on when you already have light on yer head haha ...the main thing is you have a spare bulb when one crashes (unless your really unlucky and blow two ), and it gives out good light

8. cps

cps Rockling

http://www.reflectalite.com/halogenpage.html

this place has all the bulbs you need for a miners or spelio but if you run a 10 w you need a metal reflecter

caving surplys sell em for about a £5

9. pigeonian

pigeonian Guest

just been and bought cod master a tiga sl85 ....surprise for him when he gets in from school......er indoors got a surprise when she seen me paying £185.00 for it ..lol

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

11. Steve

Steve Rockling

try B&Q for bulbs they sometimes have them in quite cheap. also come in packs of 2 or 4.

12. cod master

cod master New Member

my new tiga is great used it on runswick beach last night got about the same bright ness as a rechargable spot light but lasts much longer

13. bassman

bassman Administrator

had a tiga 18 months had not problems with it untill last nite, the battery has started not holding its charge

14. cod master

cod master New Member

reset the battery

15. Baramundi Bob

Hi Alan,

They do give up after a while but are cheap enough to replace. Have a look at this link.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=19363&doy=17m2

The 6v 12 ah is the one you want but for anyone wanting 90 mins of light then the 4ah are half the size.

16. cod master

cod master New Member

surely you can buy the proper batteries for them

17. bassman

bassman Administrator

thanks Glenn it has put a lot of hours in

18. Baramundi Bob

They are the same batteries Ben, Tiga would probably try to charge you 30 quid for it though. :( ;D

19. cod master

cod master New Member