1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Marks Tides for isle of skye

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Richy Fleetham, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Richy Fleetham

Richy Fleetham New Member

I have this years tide books for oban. I am trying to work out the tides for skye IE if they will be big tides on skye or wether they will be small tides. So if a tide for oban is say 3.7m would it be a big or small tide for skye? I am up soon for a week with the lads so trying to work out the tides so we can sort out wether we need to be using 6 or 7oz sinkers. cheers in advance for any help.

2. ch1pp1e

ch1pp1e Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

3. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Dont worry about tides, there is no shortage of fish ;) Its the weather you need on your side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Just sit back relax and enjoy the view , the fish will come no probs , Oh ,dont forget your camera the views are stunning :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Skye is about a whole experience, the view being a very very large part of that. The fish are a bonus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Even on a low tide, on the east of Skye you will probably want a dumbbell!
    LOL
    Actually worth going to Kylerhea just to have a look at it in full flow, with the seals swimming hard just to hold position and the birds dropping onto fish swept through.
    Hell of a sight on a big tide. Just epic.