1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought We would Show You How Its Done.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, May 11, 2011.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well, bar the odd exception I cant recall a decent post with pictures of fish for quite some time. So myself and Magic Mike decided to show you how it should be done.

Mike text me earlier today to say the weather and sea conditions were near perfect. We decided on a kayak session out of Sandsend and arranged to meet up not long after 5pm.

We paddled out on the the South Hard grounds and fished hard for the first hour with little return. Remembering a little mark that fished well for me last year myself and Mike Paddled in closer to Goldsborough, and thats when the action started.

For a while I was basically a spectator. Mike had five nice cod to the kayak before I could get a look in. The next hour saw us into fish non stop. Nothing huge, but all nice fish upto the 5 pound mark.

As usual we managed to let a few go by mistake (Note to self, hit them hard or they jump back overboard). In total Mike had 10 and I managed 4 codling.

All in all a really enjoyable evening, nicely rounded off by a fantastic Sandsend sunset. What finer way to end the day. Here are a few pictures of the evening. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

brilliant stuff glenn. Im really looking forward to getting out on the yak and into some fish!

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good haul Glenn, I can't get the motivation to get the yak out, plenty fish down here, things look good for the summer

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done the pair of you. Nice pictures Glenn.

5. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done on the fishing lads and some nice pics there as usual Glenn.

You managed to find your paddle then Glenn :tease:.

As I was coming in tonight I saw that fine looking yacht not far from the piers it certainly was a nice evening for it out there.

6. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Well done lads,cracking session.

7. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking session there lads. My next trip out will be for the cod, well will try any way

8. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done lads good report and pictures nice to see a few fish looks like a nice evening to be out on the yak.

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done Glenn and Mike. Think it takes a bit of motivation and determination to get out after a day at work - but just look at the rewards that can be had, lets hope it can motivate a couple more of us to get out there and make the effort on those shorter sessions. :happy:

Ken

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

NIce 1 Glenn/Mike, signs certainly look good..........................

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done guys, great to see a nice yak report and plenty of good fish as well :cool: Intended to be out myself but car problems stopped any ideas of that :sad:

12. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great report Glenn/Mike hope it inspires other's to do the same. Its always good to read a report with good pic's to back it up..

Gary

13. mike33

mike33 New Member

That's got to be what fishings all about Glen.......taking advantage of a window in the weather, heading out one of your favorite spots on beautiful Yorkshire Coast,
    catching a few decent fish, watching the sunset and getting some excersise to boot :happy: :happy:............beats stitting in the pub or watching foooking telly any day :yes:

The sea ended up flat as a dab in the bay.............but must admit once that sun went down it was still bloody cold, I suppose its still only May hope its a good sign
    for things to come..............bring them Pollock on :yes:

Mike

14. king ling

king ling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looked a cracking session well done.

15. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cracking pics lads, and well done on finding the fish.

16. andym

andym Rockling

A cracking session ,report & photo's was the water still really clear?

When me and scotty were off marske the night before it was the clearest I have ever seen it!

17. Rapin

Rapin New Member

Thanks for sharing Glen, well done.

18. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great session and quality pics nice one, love the sunset.

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well done on finding a few fish guys , great pics and report too glen...well done

20. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Good fishing there Glenn , well done