1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thornwick Bay.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike pardoe, Dec 31, 2012.

1. mike pardoe

mike pardoe Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi All,
    I work for our local Authority and we have just had a report that the cliff top/footpath area at thornwick bay has developed a major crack and looks like an imminant major collapse, Please be aware and aviod if fishing from the tops.
    I wish everybody a better new year than they had last year, All the very best.

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

good bit of useful info there... will be useful for those who fish that area... thanks for posting it mike

3. Steve

Steve Rockling

dont suppose you know which side of thornwick the crack is at

4. Bcawth

Bcawth Blenny

any more info on which side?

Cheers ben

5. mike pardoe

mike pardoe Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all.
    Will give a better update as to the exact location when I receive report from The Authorities, Sorry I cant give you a precise location as yet.

6. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

when you cross the field with the 3 bungalows on your left you climb over the fence and turn right to get to "tennis courts" mark the path has gone from about 10 foot wide to 3 feet... as you follow the path to the left be warned its on an overhang, nothing holding you up but grass and a muddy slope leading to a 60 foot drop into the sea..

hope this helps..

steve

7. Bcawth

Bcawth Blenny

Thanks for that steve

Ben

8. pikeman

pikeman Blenny

fellas.

don,t worry east riding council will send someone out with a bucket of tarmac to fix it,
    well thats how they do the roads, unless someone important lives at the end.

pikeman

9. glassback

glassback Blenny

there has been a big landslip up towards gull nook and between chain .it goes 20yrds back into the field .