1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thornaby Angling Association

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by bucko, Mar 3, 2008.

1. bucko

bucko Guest

http://www.thornaby-angling-association.co.uk

I particularly like the look of their water on the Ure and Swale.
    The yearly fee is most reasonable as well.

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I joined last month, really looking forward to fishing some of their venues. Like you say the Swale/Ure stretches look VERY nice :happy:

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

The top section of the Ure is best for fly, but dont underestimate the lower tree lined section. This section can be fly fished during normal summer river levles by wading. Some of the Brownies are very large and watch out for the odd Salmon as well.

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Can't wait to fish the Ure and have a go for the Perch/Carp in the Oxbow lake :yes:

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I'm joining this year too. Got the acceptance letter back just need to send the payment etc. back.

I'm also looking forward to fishing the ure but also the grinton Swale stretch because its close to where I did my first fly fishing as a kid

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Don't forget Matty I think there is a time limit for returning membership card/payment, etc. Think it is 30 days from the date of acceptance.

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

28 days mate but i need to wait till i get paid on the 23rd march. I'm going to give the secretary a call and ask him to give me a bit more time. its been an expensive month already

8. woody

woody New Member

i only live a mile away from kilgram never knew there was a oxbow lake ? where is it :surprise:

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

apparently just a mile or 2 up the road

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=thornton+steward&ie=UTF8&ll=54.272003,-1.740711&spn=0.009072,0.020084&t=h&z=16

10. Davo

Davo Rockling

By the sound of it we only need Ian (Bucko) and Woody to join and we'll have our own angling club. We could meet up at the Ure for a bit of fishing then pile round Woody's place for a barbie and free beer. Over to you woody mate.

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Davo, that has got to be one of the best ideas I've heard in ages! Fishing followed by a barbie :hungry: can't get much better than that! :yes:

12. woody

woody New Member

yes mate barbie sounds good did some one mention bring ur own beer ? :canadian: :vomit: :cheesy: