1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Years Headlight

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. robq

robq Rockling

Hi Ian i have been looking at the hope 4 led because it has a better battery than the petzl ultra at 5200 compared to 2000 namh.

I was initially put off due to hearing about some problems on the MTB forums about condensation ingress and them cutting out. However if they have sorted out those problems they look like an awesome light !!

I will be interested on how you get on with the various power settings and burn times/re-charge times.

Whats not clear from the website is where the mode switch is ?? Is it easily accessible and switchable ??

Am I right in thinking that they are around £260 if you shop aroungd mate ?? If so they are cheaper than the ultra with a spare battery :yes:

Cheers

Rob

2. CBass

CBass New Member

The mode switch is on the back of the unit, you push it once to turn on, once again to flip through the modes then hold it down to switch it off.

I have the two LED and that's brighter than the Ultra by itself, I was working on the railway last night and had it on all night (7 Hours) in various modes depending on how much light i needed and had no problem, the 4 LED has double the battery capacity.

3. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

rob to charge it takes 6 hours ive spoke to the fella who i got it off he said its the best all round led light on the market and the most powerfull i took it out my back garden to see what it was like and its unbelievable how bright it is
    cheers ian

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Just been looking at the Scurion, now thats what you call a light.

5. g

g New Member

ive been looking at the ay up headlights 320 lumen a full 6 hours on full beam then starts to fade for next couple of hours battery only weighs 140grms 19 year guarantee well worth a look £139 plus spare battery is £26

6. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Just received my H7R from Ken this morning.What an absolute bargain,cracking light (been under the stairs with it cos it was darkest place I could find in the house,mrs thinks Ive finally flipped my lid).
    Cant wait to give it a go properly.Excellent build quality and really cannot beleive the price,bargain of the year.
    Also spoke to Ken on the phone and what an absolute gent he is,good luck tonight mate.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: UNDER THE STAIRS YOUL GET US FISHERMEN A BAD NAME :laugh: :laugh:

8. g

g New Member

ive just bought hope 4 led cracking light bought xtra battery been told u should get 4 to 6 hrs on 2nd brightest 700 odd lumens looks like the samalite getting left in the garage will keep the tec in box as backup

9. leatherbob

leatherbob New Member

Id like 1 of them h7 Ken,sent pm but dont know weather you get it,please send your address and tel no,ill get cheq off write away.

cheers bob.

10. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Aye but it sounded a good idea at the time Harry lol. Any way had a go with it up the fields last night and it was brilliant.Just need to get a session in somewhere now to give it a proper try out.

11. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Just taken delivery of my H7R what a great bit of kit THANKS KEN :wink: :happy: :happy: :happy:

12. petefarn

petefarn Blenny

ken i would like one of them h7s could you send me your phone number and a adress where i could send a cheque or pick one up if poss. cheers

13. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

can you pleases send me address to send payment to pleases

john

14. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hi Guys, the H7 is £25 (£40 minimum in shops/ Ebay etc) plus £3.50 p&p
    the H7R is £34 (£55 in shops and on Ebay etc) plus £3.50 p&p (basicly the same headlight but with rechargable cells rather than batteries, an AC adaptor and a tiny plug on the side to recharge it) You can also put normal bateries in these.

You can send cheques made payable Hull tool Repairs to my business address which is:

Hull Tool Repairs
    Eagle Business Centre
    Cleveland Street
    HULL
    HU8 0HR

Or you can pay via Paypal - my email to find my account is oliverhtr@oliverhtr.karoo.co.uk

I'm only doing this deal for forum members

Many thanks Ken

15. MFC

MFC Blenny

hi ken ,sending you a cheque ,fished with smokey on monday night impressed with his new h7,put my old tiga to shame,

16. boatman

boatman New Member

Got my H7 from Ken today - can't believe how good it is, light comfortable and extremely bright, cycled home from work tonight, usually not to bad, muddy track, no street lights just my cycle light letting me know where the puddles are but tonight it was like a car, no a helicopter was following me the whole track and surround was lit up these headlamps are amazing i urge you all to get one. Thanks again Ken for such a good deal

17. MFC

MFC Blenny

got my H7 of ken today,kids are giving me strange looks as iam walking around the house with it on looking for the darkest room,many thanks to ken for a prompt delivery,posted cheque wednesday morning got the light thursday tea time,maybe ken should be in charge of Royal Mail !!!!!!

18. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

mrs wec was stopped by the traffic police saturday morning and breathalized ,well she was doing 37 in a 30 zone :surprise: ,any way she kept fluttering her eyes at him and genarally groveling and appologising and bugger me he let her off and gave her a goody bag with all sorts of gizmos in it like tyre gauges etc,but the best thing was an LED keyring light,its easy bright enough to find your way off rocks or round the garden in darkness in an emergency , as i demonstrated to them last night much to theirs and the neighbours amusement.
    i'd reccommend buying one though as mrs wec's method of obtaining one is a bit risky :embarrass: :embarrass:

...... merry christmas ny police

19. langy

langy Rockling

hahaha

20. petefarn

petefarn Blenny

got one of them lights off ken and now i wish i hadn,t paid £130 on a tiga, the flood beams good on the tiga but the spot goes further on the h7 and all this from something you can fit in a clenched fist and for just £25. cheers ken for sending me a great bit of kit.