1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Years Headlight

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Last year everyone was raving about the new princeton tec headlights. So whats new out this year ? are people still buying princetons or have they moved on to some new fangled lamp ???

2. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I think im getting a tiga for my birthday. I had a fox halo but it runs out pretty fast.

3. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

glenn ive just brought a silva lx very nice piece of kit 5 watt led i find it better than the princeton tec which i use know for crawling round lofts

The top model in Silva’s LED headlamp range, with an impressive beam length of 75 metres, thanks to a powerful 5-watt LED. The LX is powered by a rechargeable battery which can be attached to your belt in the pouch (included in the pack), or put in a pocket or rucksack. With this solution you avoid carrying the weight on your head – even including the headband the headlamp weighs just 73 grams.
    The LX is a user-friendly, lightweight alternative for those who don’t really need the power of Silva's 478 and 480 headlamps.
    The features are:-
    75 metre light distance.
    73g ultra light head lamp unit.
    Power regulated LED
    Four light modes
    Comes with rechargable, compact 4.5 Ah battery, quick charger and battery attachment.
    Red and White diffuser lenses included.
    Max illumination time: 45 hours (using light mode Power Save).
    cheers ian

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Have a nosey at these . . . .

http://www.ledco.co.uk/products_headtorches.asp

I'm an agent/reseller for ledco products and I personnally think some of these head torches are spot on - I've not bothered with the ones you can see in the pictures as I've just taken delivery of some professional head torches by Ledco - used by moutain rescue, pot holers etc. Having trouble finding an example of them on the internet tho so bear with me. They are suppose to retail at around £45 each including the vat but as forum members I can give you about 50% off this price plus a few quid for postage of course.

I'll try and find a link to the models I'm stocking

Ken

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

this is one of them . . . the H7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

* Prism reflector system
    * High intensity 1.25 watt LED
    * Revolutionary spot to flood focusing system
    * Integrated dimmer switch ? Hi-Low beam facility
    * Lamp head can be swivelled within an angle of 90 degrees
    * Fully adjustable straps
    * Beam visible up to 2000 metres

Burn Time
    Up to 50 hours
    Weight
    119gms
    Power Supply
    3 x AAA alkaline batteries included

http://www.oe-mag.com/comps.htm

http://www.brightlites.co.uk/content/product_view.asp?cid=1&pid=164

£25 to forum members

I'm also stocking the H5

[​IMG]

- Advanced Focus System - Spot to flood beam
    - Innovative high intensity 0.5 watt LED
    - Red LED in battery box
    - Lamp head can be swivelled within an angle of 90o
    - Fully adjustable straps
    - Lumens - 27
    - Beam range - 168ft
    - Burn time - 30 hours+
    - Weight - 116g
    - Battery type - 3x AAA (supplied)
    - Supplied new, boxed with batteries

http://www.brightlites.co.uk/content/product_view.asp?cid=1&pid=181

£20 to forum members

I've used my H7 a few times this year and its just so damn bright, I dim it right down until I need the extra light for baiting etc. Panning from wideangle to spot you get an amazing beam for a couple of hundred metres plus. Batteries seem to go on forever too.

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Had a couple of quiries already - thank you guys. You can pay me paypal, put a cheque in the post or with trays of cart if you like :cheesy: Or of course you welcome to collect, I trade from a unit in Hull but I'm up and down the coast regularly.

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Make sure you remember to put one in your fishing bag Ken....remember Old Hall ?....lol

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

:embarrass: :embarrass: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Davo

Davo Rockling

Oh no, they look good Ken,dont tempt me, but i'll stick with my Princeton at the moment.

With regards to headlamps, anyone who has a MFA headlamp can have a battery and charger for free.

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

For anyone wanting one of these I'll do P&P for £3.50

Or you welcome to collect from Hull

Ken

11. dbrown

dbrown Guest

do they have battery packs or are do they take single batteries.

12. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hiya Dan, they take 3 AAAs, there is a rechargable one coming available very shortly soon, funnily its down on power very slightly - probably due to the re-chargable cells

13. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I might have one of the recharge one if you get them in. Are they a flood light headlamp the recharge ones or are they the little blue ones.?

Dan

14. ohmycod

ohmycod New Member

Where are you in Hull. Live in Hessle and would be keen to buy one of the H7 models.

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

They're the H7 mate which goes from flood to spot, sold as the H7R, will get some details and price tomorrow.

Hiya Ohmcod, I have a unit down Cleveland street (Eagle Business Centre) and there is usually someone around during normal trading hours, PM me bud and I'm sure we can get one to you somehow.

Ken

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

Got to agree the silva lx is a corker of a headlight , was abit sceptical about led lights until i got one of these .....Just the job for climbs and walks were alot of light is needed ......

17. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

The new Petzl Ultra looks like the new kid on the block, but pricey at £235. Check it out.
    Regards Col.
    http://www.poolandspacentre.co.uk/petzl/ultra.html?gclid=CPfThPvB8JYCFRyB1QodwzIzrw

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye Dav, Ian showed me his this afternoon, a very nice piece of kit but in all honesty I dont think the H7 is any less powerful - cannot comment on the build quality as it was dark, know all Silva kit is top notch like.

Ken

19. CBass

CBass New Member

If you're gonna spend £230 then get a Hope 4 LED.

http://www.vision-adventure.co.uk/

They are nearly three times brighter than the Petzl :surprise:, more waterproof and better batteries and have the advantage of not being french. I keep banging on about them on here but they really are amazing bits of kit.

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

picked up my ledco H7 from Ken today and had a go with it on sandsend cliffs. I was very impressed - a quality piece of kit. nice flood to spot control and also dimming option. nice and light and very powerful. I just hope the batteries last a decent length of time, we'll see.

thanls Ken its a quality headlamp at a great price :yes: