1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They knew i was there but couldnt sniff me out !!

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Dav, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well seeing as tho the fishing on skye was pants I donned me boots and turned to my camera . got quite a lot of pics but most turned out a bluey tinge ? , in some cases adding effect to the pic like mountains etc but ones i didn't want blue were blue ::) . the odd ones were ok tho .
    Its only a point and shoot camera but when you need to zoom right in it needs to be on manual which means the settings need adjusting to suite the pics being taken this is were im struggling ,I think I really need to get a begginers guide to taking pics and read it which ide wished ide done prior .
    Any way heres a couple of shots I like .
    one of the pics has that tinge which has really spoilt the pic . any ideas ?
    I must admit I really enjoyed walking around with me binos and camera for a change ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

what you need to do Dave is , go into the menu,and look for the settings that say Portrait,landscape,panorama,Mono, and maybee one or two others, set it to landscape, ad the colour should be ok,,
    if you tell me what make and model of camera i will look up the instruction s on line and see if i can work things out for you

3. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The blue tinge is due to the white balance setting on your camera (or colour temperature).
    Look in your camera manual on how to adjust the settings.
    Also if you have Adobe Photoshop or a similar software product, you can adjust it on your computer.

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Hi Harry its a lumix tz40 , The gf has got me a cameras for beginners book , im gonna have to gen up I think . I think it could be something to do with white balance or exposure or one of them funny settings like jim says ;D , the manual tells you how to set them all ,well sort of , but it doesn't give detailed info on if why and when to change them .
    Thanks for advice

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Agree with Jim . Chek your white balance setting Dav.

6. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I found the best thing to do, is to experiment with your camera.
    Take photo's with different settings-White balance-Exposures-ISO speeds-Picture styles.
    In different situations, Landscapes-Portraits-Close ups-Long distance-Bright sunny days-Cloudy-Dark.
    Make a note of the best settings for each type of shot that gives you the best shots.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

just had a butchers at things Dav ,the reason it is blue is on the settings you used to take the (blue photo ) the white balance must be set to Tungsten, find the menu in that setting mode and change it to normal, or standard .
    :) :) :) :)

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

How was Skye DAV. ? You enjoy it??

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Just a thought Dav but can't you just set the camera to Ai ? It adjusts itself then; I have a TZ40 I got as a replacement to the one I took swimming last year but only tried it in the house up to now. Off on a cruise in March and I don't want the photos to have a blue tinge so I hope you get it sorted mate.

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thanks for the advice everyone , il take that on board harry and have a mess about with it thanks for taking the time to have a gander..
    Foo the only thing with setting it to auto is it wont zoom in as far, which I needed to get them shots .on manual it zooms to 20x im certainly glad I got a tripod like as zooming in that far without one would be no goer , think its just gona be a case of getting used to the settigns of the camera , I now have abit of better understanding on how the settings etc work now ive got a book for beginers . ;D
    Gary skye was amazing mate , the fishing front wasn't the best but thoroughly enjoyed it , musta walked around 30miles with me binos , even managed to see golden eagles which I was really hoping to see . Think im going back up in august .