1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE YOUNG GUNS SMASHING THE COD ON SEA-OTTER 2 PLUS A SHORT VIDEO

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Over the last week the fishing has been awesome to say the least had my old mate steve kettlewell ex jockey and race horse trainer onboard steve brought 2 young lads with him we did a late start on tuesday going at 11am and came back at 5 .30 pm a short trip for me but this was a bit of a special one .

Steve said he was bringing a couple of young lads and it would be great if they could get amoung the cod no problem with that one got the lads set up with shads then it was just putting them in right place they both dropped down and bang the rods were over the excitement for lads was great they were loving it fish after fish and they were even showing the older lads the way to go great stuff they were smashing it .

This young man his first ever cod what a start to his boat fishing career.

[​IMG]

The lads at the end of the day with a few of there fish well done boys .

[​IMG]

Wednesday team was also a regular man my old mate gilbert a tackle and gun shop open a very nice guy gilbert books the boat and allways come with around 6 or 7 lads he loves the space the fishing has been very very good and wednesday was no exception gilber was top as usuall with around 30 cod himself and some real quality fish plus belting weather what more can you ask .

The lads at the end of the day with a few of there fish cod tea for many days to come.

[​IMG]

paul.

2. brontelight

brontelight Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: THE YOUNG GUNS SMASHING THE COD ON SEA-OTTER 2

envy you.

In China, there is no place for fishing. All rivers are poluted

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Here we are on wednesday steaming back up the coast back passing robinhoods bay another belter for lads on Sea-Otter 2 the lads and dave my crewman are fillliting the fish on the way home after another hectics days wrecking on the shads

JUST A SHORT VIDEO .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7b2tnIsQkg

paul.

4. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Always good to see a nice short video Paul gives a better feel of the day and even better seeing boxes full of fish. Well done chaps

5. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Paul . Lads look busy on way back in . :)

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The fishing john has been outstanding mate today's lads had another great days fishing mick should've putting his own report up on the forum .

Paul

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The fishing has been awesome mick in early yesterday the lads had another belter they caught enough it's all good stuff for whitby .

Had regular team Brian Cunninghams lads onboard these lads havè fished with me for over 15 years some of lads are getting closer to 70 than closer to 60 but they still love there shadding here they are with just of there fish .

Paul

Attached Files:

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Cracking that Paul. Can u leave some fish for 28th June please

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The fishing should get even better simon as the algie clears right out .

paul.

10. Tomjones2

Tomjones2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What's it looking like for this Wednesday (3rd) been booked for while , first time out this year so hoping

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It's in the hands of the gods at the moment but fingers crossed we might just sneak it .

Paul

12. Tomjones2

Fingers crossed then , will call tomorrow night

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Another good days fishing again today on sea otter 2 not quite the stamp of fish alate but still a very nice days fishing around 150 cod onboard and the weather played ball as well so all in all a great day for all .

Cheers paul

14. Tomjones2

Paul ,. it was a good day , thanks very much , see you again on the 17th for more of the same hopefully

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers tom glad you enjoyed it mate a lovely day at sea and some verey nice fishing as well very similsr today nothing massive but a cracking day for the lads a lot more to come.

Cheers paul.

16. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks to Paul and Dave for a great day yesterday 4/7/15) plenty of fish for all, even a couple of mackeral... Dave as usual using his 6th sense knowing when to get the net.
    Good crac all round, Especially the conversation that went :-
    " I'm not touching It"
    " you caught it, It's your fish, you unhook it!"
    " nope.. I'm not touching It"
    Rhubarb and custard did well as did white shads but so did my pink rattleback!!!

bet it took some time filleting that little lot.. rather you than me . ;D I 'd had enough after 6.
    thanks again for another great day. Hope you have some dates left for the Festival.

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

some quality fish there Paul ,and a canny video,
    whos the expert with the filleting knife ,

he does a canny job , must try and get a trip out this summer .

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Hi harry its dave my crewman he has had a hectic time latelly he fillets all the lads fish so its just ready to put straight into the freezer perfect after a good days fishing its easyer than being left with a load of skeletons to dispose off at home .

Another blazer yesterday dave was very busy on the filliting again for the 5 lads who chartered Sea-Otter 2 its all loooking like a hell of a summer here at whitby.

paul.

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Glad you enjoyed it bud a lovelly day at sea and plenty of fish what more can you ask.

paul.

20. allans

allans Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:) :) :)
    lovely to see the young lads doing well. no doubt they'll be hooked. not enough young lads coming into the fishing these days