1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Whitby Bass Club Go Down Bass Alley

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whitby Bass Club Report

Had a few hours out with the boys tonight. When I arrived Mike had gone to try a new mark and I headed into one of the places I caught at last time. Stopping every 100 yards to try my luck, I noticed the water was very clear so I felt the chances of fish may be poor. How wrong I was to be.

Twenty minutes later Dan, Damo and a new recruit Tony showed up. Tony chucked into the runner I had just come out of and was straight into a bass. I watched for another 10 minutes whilst the lad landed 4 and lost the same amount off, so then I decided to join him.

Well would you beieve it, that was the last fish to come out of that runner. By this time Mike had joined us and said he had 2 nice bass from the new mark and had lost 2 more off. We fished on for a while but nothing much showed so we headed back to where Mike had been. Dan and Mike tried the same place and whilst myself Damo and Tony headed further on, we could see Mike had got one first cast - Spawney git.

We walked another 5 minutes or so and set up camp. First cast Damo gets one about 4 and a half pounds. Not long after Tony gets another which Damo kindly releases for him. By this time I was well and truelly fed up. Not even a take. Then I thought to myself (as I often do) "Must be saving up for a big one". Not long after there was a loud splash an a silver swirl - "Bass on" I shouted. The fish stayed deep and headed at a rate of knots to my right hand side. There was nothing I could do with it as it tried to get under the rocks. After a bit of a scrap I managed to get the fish ashore. It was a beauty and later weighed in at 5lbs 9 ounces, a new personal best for me.

All in all another great night shore fishing for bass with more fish from new marks.

[​IMG]

group shoot :wink: of the fish we took and at least the same amount was returned :yes:
    [​IMG]

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Re: Down Bass Alley

Absolutely superb mate, well done. I'm getting pretty eager to take the plunge and blow some hard earned on plugs, dunno if I'd get enough use to justify it through :sad:

3. Baramundi Bob

If you bass fished once a year it would still be justified, it really takes some beating.

4. baza

baza New Member

brilliant report glen, well done on the new pb, cracking fish

5. mike33

mike33 New Member

A couple of pics to add to what was probablly one of the best nights fishing we have had this year :yes:, all those hours spent
    plugging away for not a lot of return paid off tonight thats for sure we were well rewarded.

Glenns PB
    [​IMG]

group shoot :wink: of the fish we took and at least the same amount was returned :yes: back to bass alley next to bass rock or was it bass hole :cheesy: :wink:
    [​IMG]

"Yes Dan had to get his bit of bling in the picture" :cheesy: :laugh:

Mike

6. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

well doen glenn and co, Cracking fish for a new pb aswell glenn

7. Howard

Howard Blenny

Great write up and lovely fish well earned Glenn. Great change from cod M8!

8. tom fisher

tom fisher Blenny

All this is making me green with envy after a bad fishing spring and an even worse summer. I sure hope the fall fishing makes up for the miserable year so far.

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done lads, cracking fish.

10. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

well done on your Pb Glenn and well done to the rest of the lads cracking fish just the thing to Finnish off a cracking weekend Dan wheres my fork

11. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

I need to move to Whitby :yes: :yes: :yes:

I wonder if any of the skippers need a gopher? :whistle: :whistle: :wink: :wink:

Living 90 miles away from the sea is pants. You don't know how lucky you are living in Gods country.

Well done on the new PB Glenn cracking fish :yes: :yes: :yes:

12. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Ah ha! That's where all the big bass went! I couldn't find one for love nor money on saturday.

Congrats on your personal best. Who needs a kayak?

13. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Another great haul, well done. Did anyone get one on a popper?

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Great fishing Glenn and the boys, biscuit boy's right who needs a kayak, most of the fish are very close in

15. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

id no them limpets anywhere i no where it is ha ha had a go trolling plugs over the rock last night no bass 3 pollock and a 6lb grilse awesome fight it was jumping like mad of couse i returned it ???? good fishing though

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done Glenn on the pb ,it looks a fine fish, what a session wish we could find a few up this way, :cool:

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done lads and esp glenn on his PB

18. Baramundi Bob

I am now totally amazed at where bass lay. Some of the places we now fish I would never have dreamed of casting a plug. These fish are a matter of feet from the shore. At this type of venue I think the fish actually lay in wait for the prey rather than moving about too much. The jigsaw continues to come together. Dan and Damo have been a great help to us as they are willing to cast a plug anywhere and are keen on trying lots of different methods.

Havent managed to get one on a popper yet, but having purchased a couple of new shiney lures, I'm sure it wont be long.

19. Mick

Mick They're out there!

Good report Glenn - great news on the PB and well done to everyone on what sounds like a great nights fishing.

20. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

if carlsberg did bass fishing venues....this would probably be the best bass fishing venue in the world