1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Whitby Bass Club Find The Fish

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whitby Bass Club Report

With the swell dropping and water clearing we decided on another bass session. I must admit that when I saw the conditions I was not overly optomistic as I felt there was too much swell. However the gruesome twosome, Dan and Damo told us that they had caught bass in far heavier conditions and that we just needed to apply a bit of effort.

[​IMG]

The first few hours were fairly boring with not a single take. Then as dusk began to fall Dan took the first fish of the day on his trusted Yo Zuri Crystal minnow.

[​IMG]

For some reason Dan then vacated his spot, so I quickly jumped in and it wasnt long before I hit a nice fish of 4lb that gave me a bit of a run around before I got it on the shore.

Dan then decided to come back and join me and he was soon into a second. As the light faded we all hit more fish and it was clear they were feeding very close in, with my second taking the plug just as I went to lift it out of the water.

[​IMG]

Mike who had been struggling with the zonk, changed tactics and soon found a bass and a herring on a maria chase bw. However the lure of the day appeared to be the yo zuri crystal minnow with myself and Dan taking 3 bass each.

[​IMG]

Another great evenings fishing on the Yorkshire coast, and hopefully bigger bass to come in the next few weeks.

[​IMG]

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

pics look good glenn, hopefully they will be playing ball again tonight.

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done lads, top report, I do think the last few hours of flood coinciding with the fading light is a hot time, particular with a bit of chop on

Surprised the Zonk failed to score :confused:

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Im sure the zonk would have scored but we had a few fish and Mike was struggling and the lads took the proverbial and I think psychology got the better of Mike and he was soon reaching for the trusted BW

5. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great result well done

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

cracking picture of Dan well done to you all tightlines Alain

7. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

top report and pics there lads, you certainly seem to have sussed this bass plugging lark out - i think i'll have to go back to the drawing board and try some marks other than local spots, and do a bit more homework- well done

8. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello,
    fantastic stuff again lads :yes: Some great photos also Glenn, I agree with willibendit the one of Dan is very good.
    Regards Ian

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done lads. Some nice fish there.

10. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Great report and pics Glenn. Again you lads go and do the business you make it sound easy.

I had a walk along the Cliff tops at sandsend last Saturday at low tide doing a bit of home work ready for the winter fishing anyway as I was stood at Bernie's ledge taking mental notes of fishy looking places I saw 2 silver fish as the tide was just starting to fill a large hole I am sure thay were Bass is this usual or was it just luck.

11. newdave

newdave Guest

well done again lads, nice to hear there is now a Whitby Bass club, I take it its membership by invitation only :wink:

12. baza

baza New Member

Another cracking session boys, keep it up

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done again lads, just as well the bass match wasn't on yesterday :laugh: I went armed with plugs and bait as backup yesterday evening and ended up coming home again an hour later having not wet a line. The wind picked up down here and the sea looked nothing like it does on your pics. I think there might be a window in the weather tomorrow evening :pray: Don't the bass pics look good just as they've been caught, with the dorsal stood upright.

14. langy

langy Rockling

Nice one Glenn another good session

Langy

15. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Cracking session, I think we're all learning that bass can be caught in a host of different conditions. It's always worth a shot!

16. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report and a decent session.

17. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Nice one lads , hopefully they are coming back on the take!

18. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good going for perservering! And i thought it was too choppy / cloudy at the mo.....just goes to show!

19. bait pump

bait pump New Member

Well done you lads top fishing and i bet the craic was awsome as well :yes:

20. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done and some excellent photos you truly getting the hang of this game now. Just goes to show there's some fantastic software on the market now, those fish really do look like the real thing! :laugh:

well done!