1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Whitby Bass Club Are Ready For Summer !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A Whitby Bass Club Report

For the first time in a very long time all the bass club boys came together as a group for a bit of summer fishing. Im not quite sure why we have left it since our autumn trip to Bemmo to all fish together.

Although I am certain that at least to some degree that horrible secretive attitude that is the curse of Winter Sea Fishing on this coast has even got to some of the bass club members. Certain individuals decided to go it alone, ignore the requests for fishing buddies and even hid or lied about their catches from the rest of the group. Quite why winter, and cod brings the worst out in people I really do not know, but even the bass club witnessed it to some degree this winter gone.

Thankfully we are now past that and I have my fingers crossed the Bass Club spirit of a group of friends fishing and sharing info will extend into the coming summer and beyond into the next winter season.

On Wednesday night the weather came pretty good and the ladds, minus a few, met at Sandsend for an evening kayak fishing. On the whole the fishing was poor, but I believe this was effected by the strong south to south westerly wind that stopped us drifting with the tide.

Best catch of the night went to Kev who had traveled over from Hull, he managed roughly nine size codlings and several undersized were returned. I managed a couple and returned about a dozen small fish including coalies and small codling. Both Mike 33 and Dan drew a blank on this occasion. Faron and Damo were late home from work but joined us on the slipway for a natter as we came in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thursday night the guys met again. This time the conditions were much more favourable and that showed in the catches. Myself, Mike And Steve Porrett paddled out about 6pm and were met by a lovely warm evening and flat calm conditions with no wind at all.

Porrett landed about 3 fish before we even got to him. Mike got into a few but once again I was struggling, then I relaised I hadnt taken the rubber of my treble hook.... Doh.

We were joined about 7pm by Farron And Damo, but sadly Dan could not make tonight due to going on a breast feeding course with Ellie Goulding.

Fish came pretty constant across the night. Most of us managed at least 10 takeable cod and roughly the same undersized. Faron and Damo returned all their fish due to having a full freezer from last weeks sessions where they estimated they had a hundred fish each from 3 trips out.

Mike had the best catch of the night with about 15 takers. I managed a good dozen and once again had a similar amount to return.

All in all another great nights fishing. It was a pleasure to be out on the water and a pleasure to see all the ladds entering into the true spirit of the bass club once again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Captain Birdseye
    [​IMG]

A double hook up for me
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

great report glenn,

good to get out with the lads again.

pinky and perky were out last night and had cod to just short of 16lb

3. Baramundi Bob

We had them to 30lb on the bass club scales, and a shark... oh and a sperm whale snapped us off.

4. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice on lads, sorry I couldn't join you, next time.

5. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nice write up mate. Not the best sesh but great to be out again, looking forward to the next one

6. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good read shame to hear a few cracks appearing within the club over winter fishing, been a good few settled days for yak fishing, but as usual the sea winds are coming again, might have to get the bass rods out, do you lads want spanking again?

7. Baramundi Bob

Err.. sure we spanked you last year after we rewrote the rules in our favour ??

And yes mate a few matches would be good fun.

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great to see a bunch of friends enjoying there fishing together, laughing, leg pulling and all the banter makes for the best fishing trips... Great report lads and well done on the fish..

9. philkingcod

philkingcod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report and fantastic pictures i enjoyed reading thanks :D