1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing THE VICTORIA HOTEL ROBIN HOODS BAY NEW UPTIDING FESTIVAL SPONSORS

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Sep 17, 2015.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I would just like to say a massive thankyou to Andy and Gale Fiddler from The Victoria Hotel Robin Hoods Bay for being a new major sponsor for Whitby Sea Anglers Forum Uptiding Competition .

The Victoria hotel is suituated looking over the bay at Robin Hoods fantastic views excellent accommodation and also does very good food the hotel also specializes in wedding receptions.

Have a look on there website.

Victoria Hotel - nr Whitby - North Yorkshire Coast - Hotel Accommodation, Restaurant, Weddings, Functions, Coffee Shop

Cheers paul.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Great work Paul. I shall get down there in next few days and grab some photographs.

3. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thank you to the Victoria hotel. The uptiding comp is a great day out and would be missed if it ended. Thanks also to u paul

4. Glenn Kilpatrick

two More Sponsors Have come onboard today - CostCutters / Windy Corner, and Whitby Pie And Mash Shop

5. marlin2

marlin2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A big thank you to Paul for taking the time to put some cracking posts on this site, I Live some 80 miles away,

I have fished with Paul on Sea otter and other good charter boats out of Whitby since the 1980 s ( Hi denis keep seeing you in the cafe on church Street, great skipper)

I know other skippers put a lot of time into the festival's and the promoting of the angling in Whitby, yes some other skips do post their daily catch reports on this site thanks,

every good sea angler I speak to looks on the Web for reports and results, this site stands out,

so they look, I look and read all of the reports on both shore and boat, no we don't just fly over to fish your shore marks as soon as you have posted a good report from the shore,, ( to far to just drop everything to chase yesterday's fish)

But a good report from a boat trip not just from a couple but all of the charter boats would promote whitby angling far more then any tabloid advertising, well done Paul on advertising this competition and spending the time to promote angling in Whitby.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. robq

robq Rockling

lovely pub with good food :) the fish and chips are awesome

Views nice overlooking the bay too :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Will take the wife for a meal to support the hotel

8. marlin2

Hi do they do accommodation, good for a fishing Base,

9. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Don't know mate. But as it says hotel I should think so bud

10. Glenn Kilpatrick

Yes they do rooms. Also do weddings etc.

11. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

grab some photographs.

Glen,

New Years Eve, fireworks etc, from hotel, taking in other display from beach (if tide right)

should be a good subject to follow up.

Hotel was to close restaurant last jan for re-ferb etc.

web site used to have picture show for rooms etc to view.

nice to see them sponcers of local event.

for people wanting to see potential of RHB marks, have a pint in garden on a good

ebb & suss it out.

also on a good frosty night have a look over to raven hall & see the marks "lighted" up

as people fish the area.

well worth the visit.

12. marlin2

Just payed dividends! now looking at making a booking at the Victoria looks fab