1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Uptiding festival so far . . Mistress

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Its not been a great start for us on Mistress, BUT we have managed a daily slot so far for third, the first couple of days were hard work for us despite moving around many of the ledges of we work regularly this time of year in search of mr cod!,

As the tides picked up i knew it would get better and our last day at sea produced fish for every one onboard including a respectable near 27lb bag for regular angler Keith Pickering from Helmsley. We saw a number of wrasse through the day too and our anglers got smashed on 40lb hooklengths three times! there are definately a few better fish down there!

well heres a few pictures,

Keith with one of his better fish out of his 10 cod bag
    [​IMG]

A few Wrasstards!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a few nice cod too . .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im really looking forward to getting back out to sea after this spell of heavy weather, it should bring on some bigger bags and hopefully a few doubles ;)

we have a few spaces remaining next week, so if youre interested drop me a line on 07977 436903

Tight Lines

Rich

2. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

save the big ones for next wednesday Rich :)

3. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Blimey - that chap in the first picture has a really lop-sided face :-\
    Looks like I've had a stroke - or maybe I only smile where the sun is shining ;)

Those fish certainly put a smile on my face anyway ;D

Go get those monsters Rich :D

4. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What were the wrasse on Rich?

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

just worm and squid mate, but you do get them on crab baits regularly too, nice to see a few of them kicking about, and see another species boated

6. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Some cracking pictures there Rich and some bonny fish too.

7. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers Rich, lovely fish wrasse

8. gleadall474

gleadall474 i want to live by the sea

Looking forward to Friday mate

9. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

we got a result today on a day we thought we wouldnt get. we got a daily first for the heaviest fish and also heaviest bag. again we got smashed on the same ledge we fished the other day by a big fish when it lunged, theres definately a big one living there!

10. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

If that's the same fish responsible, whoever catch's it will probably add a few hooks to their collection?