1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Scarborough Bass Club Find The Fish

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Aug 18, 2010.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well one :whistle:

Had a long day out plugging today, started at 10.30, fished one of my "bankers" and blanked, not a sign of a fish, no birds diving etc. Went to "banker" number 2, blanked no signs, no birds etc, it was now 4pm and I was knackered and wet a combination of sweat and waves coming over my waders, I decided to try a relative new mark on the way home, it looked perfect but by now my confidence was zero, but you seem to have a 6th sense that screams bass just have to be there

[​IMG]

The Zonk was left in the box, as I wanted to see how my psychedelic "wrasse" patterned K2 would cope with the conditions

[​IMG]

Well ok :educated:

After 5 minutes I got hit very close in, after 6 hours fruitless plugging you always wander what's happened, then everything clicks into gear, a nice fish 3lb 13 oz - the area began to empty so I was keen to head to the right, managed to get next mark and fished for 15 minutes, I was about to pack in when I had a timid take then a wrenching of the rod, at first you never are sure of the size, then the fish went to the left at a rate of knots, heading for the scar, line tore of the reel, I had to stop the spool by clamping with my hands and held on for dear life, I managed to turn her then saw it's mouth, I knew then it was a damn fine fish, after a few head shakes she was landed on the scar top, a fine fish and PB shore bass 7lb 3oz

[​IMG]

Well chuffed :yes:

[​IMG]

The Scarborough Club is keen to have a travel North and fish alongside the Whitby Club :whistle:

2. langy

langy Rockling

Amazing Ian well done mate, truly stonking bass that one, a double figure bag of bass in one session mate is some going :happy: :wink:

Langy

3. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Whoohoo!!! What a stonker......thats a fantastic fish Iain, well done.

I've just bought some Komomo 2's but I'll have to wait untill I finish my stint on nightshift before I use them.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Regards Ian

4. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Superb fish mate, well done :yes:

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Just show the wise old man and he knows where you got that from. Just hu the picture ofthe sea. That's what 50+ years fishing the most beautiful coast in England. And look at the fish the ugly wessy got.

Well done iain belting fish, but you wait till the real fishing starts.

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Moley cracking fish well done bet duckster will be iss off the only thing fatlad can catch is cold tightlines Alain

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

Great stuff again Iain :happy:
    Our kid was mortified when he text me and told me :wink: :happy: tight lines

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Flippin fantastic mate :laugh: , can I join your club? :laugh: Thats an amazing fish, best of the year from around here? :cheesy: Look forward to hearing about it tomorrow :happy: .

Iain, what do you think to the idea that bass feed and take plugs more confidently in the last and first few hours of light?

Ken

9. GJW

GJW Rockling

Wow Iain thats a cracker matey, wonder if we see a Yorkshire double come out this year??? will it be the Whitby Club or the Scarborough Club that crack it??

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

absolutely stonking fish Iain, top stuff :yes:

11. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

If conditions are poor, flat and crystal clear, I become more confident as the light starts to fade, if conditions are right, like today, gentle surf and milky colour, then I don't think the time of day is critical

12. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Molester, a cracking bass is that............................................................

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well done Iain.....you really are showing how its done round here.......The Scarborough Club will now take some beating.......top anling skills , you deserve it matey. :cool:

14. newdave

newdave Guest

we are not worthy oh great bass miester, we salute you :yes: :yes:
    fortunetly I recognise the red acer in the background :laugh:

15. baza

baza New Member

fantastic fishing well done, those komomo 2s are a cracking little lure, and pink seems to be the in colour this year, over in holland anyhow.

16. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Lovely fish Iain and well deserved for all the effort you put in and that goes for a lot of other lads who are linked with the site. As a new member what is enjoyable about reading some of the posts is that you can really feel peoples enjoyment and share with them their achievements along with the pleasure and the pain they go through. Ramrod said i would pick up some sound information and good tips on fishing and he wasn't wrong. Having spent 20+ years of my life in the north east, now living in Essex its nice to see some of the pictures and memorys of the fantastic coast line up there, Essex is totally different. By the way i think Ducky is calling your bluff, i think he may have a dose of mad cow's disease eating all those mince pies :laugh: but there again he could be that wise old man :educated:

17. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Im gutted got a text from Iain early this morning inviting me to go looking for billy bass but due to a prior engagement i could not make it :sad:
    Anyway a massive well done to you Iain you keep raising the bar with this bass fishing :yes:

18. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Wow well done Iain, another good bag of fish. Bet you are still buzzing now. :cheesy:

19. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

super fish that mate, enough to inspire anyone to get out there and give it a go - well done

20. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling