1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Runswick Bay Kayak Angling Festival 2013

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sambo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Signs with 'Kayak Festival' will be in place this evening so everyone can find their way from runswick to the outdoor centre/weighin point easier so keep an eye out for them.

Don't forgot the kayak modification demo is on Saturday evening (6.30pm), hatches, rudder kit, holders will be fitted so well worth attending if you aren't sure about cutting holes into your kayak! :yes:

2. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

To be fair the weathers not looking terrible for Saturday either, Sunday is looking perfect at the moment but 13mph+ SW winds arent a total write off for Runny.

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Photo competition prize - a Leeda Icon 12-20lb rod with a value of £40, with great thanks to Mark at Anglers Alley, Hull for donating such a great prize. Get snapping folks :happy:

[​IMG]

4. Ta :happy:

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

So who's this going to be ?? :cheesy: :cheesy:

[​IMG]

6. Benq23

Thats the thing though isnt it, if we get the right conditions and everyone can get out to the rough ground, it really could be anyones match.

With runswick having good ground for miles in either direction its a bit of a lottery on who happens to be in front of the right fish at the right time....although that said I certainly know where I'll be heading :butt:

The main thing for me is to get out on the kayak, remain the right way up, hopefully grab a couple of fish and enjoy it

Heading up to whitby this evening so I'll be at runswick for around 11am saturday for a warm up launch, fingers crossed for an awesome weekend!

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I'll never forget the fish you pulled out of the bag at Filey Ben, think we might open a 'book' up at East Barnby tonight :cheesy:

The forecast is looking damn good for Sunday, I'm hoping by this stage it should be fairly reliable :happy:

Ken

8. Benq23

yeah, Ive got some tackle to test out tomorrow to make sure its all in working order for the match, hopefully the wind will play ball as its looking like its dropped off to 12mph SW now for saturday....should make the course a little easier for you guys too

Sunday looks good with 9mph ESE, not the best direction but shouldnt colour up although theres comflicting wind directions between Windguru and Metoffice.

Met office is saying this...notice the sea state column http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/sandsend-%28beach%29#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1371337200

Either way it certainly looks a damn sight better than earlier in the week! and if it stays the same then it really will be anyones game, , I wont be at the campsite tonight unfortunatley but if your running a book then I really wouldnt know where to place a bet, could be a seasoned angler or a first timer if the weather stays as forecast, it helps to know one or two features/general areas but thats by no means a dead cert.

Im really pleased that the match has been moved to Runswick over the past couple of years, last year was a bit of a bust but that cant be helped, and when we do hit it on a good day then it should provide our visiting anglers (including me since im in exile in lincolnshire!) with some fantastic sport if the fish play ball.

Going to finish loading my car now and will be seeing you all bright and early....for those who havent met me im the guy with the moth eaten england cap and a green trident :tease:

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

My Prediction, Sam Baxter will unwittingly stumble on another big one. The lad knows where they hang out. Failing that it could be a lottery. Think the Whitby boys have a few ideas of a big fish out the soft. Or maybe the east Coast Kayak crew might tempt a lunker with one of them big black shads theyve been keeping under wraps.

Good luck to one and all, Im looking forward to the full weekend.

10. Baramundi Bob

Fingers xcrossed the weather plays ball, if so then Im predicting a hell of a lot of fish. Today for the first time this year I can say the water was actually blue and clear when I drove through Sandsend. With the tides dropping into the weekend it could be all three cherries in a row, Jackpot time.

11. Baramundi Bob

Niether will I. I was cursing the little bugger. I landed a 10 pounder and only came third. How did that happen ?

Bens 13 pounder

[​IMG]

Glenns 10 Pounder

[​IMG]

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

just what I was thinking Glenn

13. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Always worth a punt on the Moleman & Ramrod, pity we dont have a bookmaker as we could have a bit of fun with this :wink:

14. Baramundi Bob

Anyone bringing them black shads with red curly tails. Them top secret ones ?

15. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just heard that Coso is now charging £5 each for those because they are so deadly .

16. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

its because you bought most of them dave :yes:
    good luck lads its anyones match

17. Howard

Howard Blenny

The ones with the rattle in are the best :wink:

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Everything is coming good for this weekend so lets hope it's a bumper turnout. Well impressed with all the work and organisation the lads and lasses on here have done :educated:

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Good luck to everyone, I hope the winner is a local angler. Looks like it's going to be a great weekend, wish I could be there, well done to all those who've pulled it together. I ll look forward to reading the reports from the weekends event. :cool:

20. Baramundi Bob

Its gonna be nice to see everyone really. its been a while. I heard the southern softies have got a new branch called the east coast kayak crew and they have top secret lures in their bags. keep an eye on those boys.