1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Runswick Bay Kayak Angling Festival 2013

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sambo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hi Wooly, I do believe they are both fully booked but I can assist you with both at a later date if you wish.

Ken

2. Yakking Fi

Yakking Fi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Stuart
    The VHF and BCU safety course are fully booked. We have plenty more going on over the if you pm me your email ill send you the weekend program.
    Fi

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Anyone know if there is free wifi anywhere in runswick ??

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

the runswick bay hotel used to have a hotspot, not sure if it does now

5. Runswick KAF Weather / Tides

Ok so the weather / tides are looking better

Temp : 13/14 Deg (feels 10/11)
    Wind : 10/14 SW
    High Tide : 10:00 ish
    Low Tide : 16:00 ish
    Swell : 1ft (from N)

So the comp is down the full tide

Interms of the Tide which direction will it be running N to S ??

Cheers

U

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Re: Runswick KAF Weather / Tides

from right to left , shall we see if we can squeeze you onto the tidal planning and navigation course? :cheesy: :happy:

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

there is at East Barnby, you'll have to find me for the code mate

8. Re: Runswick KAF Weather / Tides

That would be good.....we where leaving it until the last min to decide when if we where coming based on the weather

It looks ok now, looking pretty windy for Saturday so may not do much then but Sunday looks ok

Cheers

U

9. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Just compiling a list of gear to bring up on saturday.

We'll have rods, reels & tackle from

Penn, Berkley, Shakespeare, Savage Gear, Okuma, Daiwa, Fladen, Masterline, Yo-Zuri, Storm, Shimano, Rapala plus lots lots more.

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Stay clear of Dan, hes like delboy trotter with his sales techniques.

11. Hi Dan

Are you bringing any frozen bait ??

Cheers

U

12. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

No sorry we dont have any facilities to keep it frozen. The shop will be open from 5.30 am on the morning of the match

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

There's freezers at centre, I'm sure we can find room for a bit of bait :happy:

14. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Got any gear to sell??

Bring it to East Barnby - you can leave boats outside on the grass with a price and contact number.

Anything else - dry suits, paddles etc - any kayak fishing gear what so ever - we'll find a space for you to display it..

[​IMG]

15. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

great Idea Ken, I'm off to the shed to see what I can find!

16. carpyken

carpyken New Member

So whos going to be walking away with this, A £600 drysuit and £300 in cash this Sunday??

[​IMG]

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

The Staithes Atlantic Class lifeboat is coming down into Runswick to see us at 12 noon on Saturday. Come and see - or even participate - in rescue scenarios involving kayak anglers and angling kayaks...

[​IMG]

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Photo competition - just a bit of fun - but the best photo of this weekends event - judged by our in house judges (Fi's Mum n Dad) will receive a nice prize (from Anglers Alley).

So come on, it could be anything, a quick snap with your phone camera or a well composed shot with your DSLR, anyone could win this one(friends, family, non kayakers) ... :cheesy: :cheesy:

Post them up here:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=30809.0

[​IMG]

19. Ok we are allowd 2 rods...so are people taaking a 'Boat' Rod and a Spinnign rod or 2 'boat' Rods ?

Saturday weather is looking a bit grim....are people intending to fish still ?

Cheers

U

20. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Saturday forecast isn't great for fishing but we'll see. The match day though is currently spot on!

You are allowed two rods setup but can only use one rod at any one time (don't forget the 2 hook limit), some only take one rod out others may have a cod rod and a spinning rod setup. Some may have two cod rods setup so you have a spare setup. Whatever you fancy really :happy: