1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Runswick Bay Kayak Angling Festival 2013

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sambo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Read Lots Of Great Kayak Fishing Articles Here

[​IMG]

The event is being based around the

East Barnby Outdoor Centre, Runswick, Whitby, YO21 3SA

Accommodation

Camping
    Camping including meals
    Dorm rooms, including meals
    East Barnby Out door Centre facilities
    On site bar with local brewery
    Drying room
    Dining area
    Social room
    Evening Entertainment

[​IMG]

Match entry fee £20 per person

PRIZE LIST
    (based on 40 anglers attending)
    HEAVIEST FISH MATCH

1st = £300 Cash + Typhoon PS220 Drysuit (worth £600!!)
    2nd = £200 Cash + Humminbird Fishfinder
    3rd = £150 Cash
    4th = £100 Cash
    5th = £70 Cash
    6th = £50 Cash
    7th = £40 Cash
    8th = £30 Cash
    9th = £20 Cash
    10th = £20 Cash

Heaviest Bass £25
    Heaviest Flatfish £25

Junior Prize = Fishing Goody Bag

Raffle
    Prizes of fishing gear, kayaking gear, contributions from local businesses and lots more goodies. All in aid to raise money for the RNLI so bring plenty of cash for raffle tickets!

1st Wet & Wild will be supporting the event again this year, they will be setting up shop at the East Barnby Outdoor Centre throughout the weekend. As usual there will be a vast array of kayaking goodies, if you need anything bringing to the event then just give them a call.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Booking form below for the fishing match, courses/presentations you would like to attend plus camping and accommodation. The match can be paid for on the day but all courses etc must be paid for in advance (see terms and conditions).

Booking Form: http://www.scarboroughanglingfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/booking-form-runswick1.pdf

Terms & Conditions: http://www.scarboroughanglingfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Terms-and-Conditions.pdf

Equipment Hire

Kayak, paddle, clothing and buoyancy aids available to hire. Limited equipment, booking essential.

[​IMG]

MATCH: Sunday 16th June 2013

MATCH RULES

1/ 2 hook limit (this includes treble hooks), for example 2 hokkis and a lead, one hokki and jighead
    2/ 2 rods can be setup but only one rod can be used at any one time.
    3/ Any fish kept must be within size, any below legal/match size will not be counted
    4/ Start: 10am
    Finish: 4pm
    5/ Weighin 5pm-5.30pm at the East Barnby Outdoor Centre (couple of miles up the road)
    6/ Committee decision is final
    7/ Heaviest fish: No Wrasse / Mackerel allowed
    Billet: 35cm+
    Whiting: 33cm+
    Cod: 35cm+
    Bass: 41cm+
    Pollock: 35cm+
    8/ Paddle power only, no sails or towing in by boat allowed
    9/ Match boundaries: Port Mulgrave - Goldsborough (could be decreased if weather turns for the worst)
    10/ One prize per angler (in Heaviest Fish category)

Boundries Map:

[​IMG]

Match launch/fishing time starts at 10am, finish fishing at 4pm. Weighin will be open from 5pm-5.30pm at the East Barnby Outdoor Centre.

Match maybe restricted to the bay or stopped early if conditions change for the worst.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There should be plenty of parking at the bottom of the bank (80 spaces) but if car park is full then there is a secondry car park located at the top of the bank (turn right from the bank) opposite the Cliffemount Hotel. There is a path that runs from the Cliffemount Hotel back to the launch site, only a short 4-5min walk. Please do not use the residents car park.

To avoid congestion please park in the car park and use a trolley to the slipway, kayaks can be off loaded near the slipway if needs be but only if you don't have a trolley.

If weather is against us then a decision whether the match will go ahead will be be made by 7pm on the Saturday night, hopefully this will be enough notice for anyone travelling.

Match sign in will be available from 8am onwards, sign in will be located at the cafe by the slipway

Safety equipment check and match briefing will be held at 9.45am at the main slipway

The Runswick Kayak Angling Festival will be the first match of the Moken Challenge, fish both the Runswick Match (June 16th) and the Scarborough Match (Spet 14th) to be in with a chance to win a fantastic FeelFree Moken 14 fishing kayak worth ovr £800!!

[​IMG]

Look forward to seeing you all there, going to be a cracking weekend!

Some pics and results from past matches :

2009 when the event was held at Filey. what a day that was
    2010 Filey again
    2011 first one at Runswick Bay

2. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: The Runswick Kayak Angling Festival 2013

Looks awesome, really looking forward to it :yes:

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Be good to see you there Benjie, hopefully this year you'll spend more time above water :whistle:

4. gary

gary Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

roll on june can't wait for this lets hope that wind plays ball :scared:

5. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Aye with any luck, was a nightmare last time, still havent replaced my rod and radio from tipping at last years match, guess I'll have to take £300 and a fishfinder as compensation this year :evil:

6. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cant belive im missing it this year but will be thinking of yous all when im fishing the river ebro for those monster cat fish haha

7. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sam cheque in the post allways a few fish to be had just need to get one jeff

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Jeff, looks set to be a great weekend. You only need one fish to win :cheesy:

9. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Just printed the form off, get it sorted asap, can not wait for this, i am ment to be night shift but if i dont get a swap ill be there still but slightly tired

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Fi and the guys have been hard at work and some brilliant prizes are being pledged from far afield.

Keep looking in, we are getting a few booking forms in already so don't hold off sending yours in too long...

:happy:

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cant wait for this. well done to the lads and lasses organising it. Really hope the weather plays ball this year and we have a great weekend.

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cheers Guys, can we make sure that all future updates and related discussions go within this one topic. This way its easier for me to keep up with whats happening and link into significant updates.

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Definitely Glenn, I'll keep the two course threads bumped & linking back to this too, also if its ok with you I'll keep 'stickying & un-sticking' it to the top to keep it popular :happy:

I'm hoping we can start to add prizes to this thread as they arrive :happy:

Ken

14. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/runswick-bay-summer-kayak-fishing-festival

15. Baramundi Bob

16. lankypaul

lankypaul Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Can anyone help I am wanting to start getting into this type of fishing and need some help ect is there a club I can join ect

17. andym

andym Rockling

Your best bet would be to sign up for the safety course at Runswick you should be able to loan your gear for the day and you wont get a better/safer introduction to the sport any general questions just shout up on this thread http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=29821.0

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

And don't leave it too long to book guys, bookings are coming in from far afield already, I would really love to see many of our local paddlers taking up the course. The Whitby kayak anglers have got a proud reputation for being some of the most hardy, well equipped and safest in the country, lets keep it up :happy:

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

All the usual small raffle prizes are slowly coming in and we are grateful for all dontations...

[​IMG]

We do have a couple of quite exciting developments though but we are keeping these close to our chest until nearer the time.... :happy:

And don't forget, every penny from the raffle will be going to those brave boys and girls at the RNLI

[​IMG]

If your thinking of camping, wanting to participate on one of our excellent workshops & courses or going the whole hog and booking onto full board - all your meals and a warm comfy bed - all for 40 quid a night, do get those booking forms coming in. :happy:

20. Mitch167

Mitch167 Whitby Fishing Forum is the dogs nuts .

Hi just got back from work filling the forms in need to do me VHF course if I
    do that is it an all day or will I still be able to attend the BCU course ?