1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE OAKS FISHERY SESSAY, nr thirsk carp fishing

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by woody, Jan 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. woody

woody New Member

any of you lads interested in carp fishing ? take a look http://www.theoakslakes.co.uk/ great summer fishing :yes: there is also a new cafe on site with tacke shop stocking every thing the course angler needs at very competative prices

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Re: carp fishing in the vale of york the oaks fishery sessey

OMG not heard about this place for a while, we had a club match here a few years ago and had 'Match Angler' around to do an article on the club, I was secretary at the time, yours truelly won the match and had his picture splashed all over the article...ahh my claim to fame :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

3. woody

woody New Member

if you went again how the place has changed [for the better ] they get the likes of alan scotthorn and john allerton regular on the matches on cedar in summer ,personally my favourite spot in summer :canadian:

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye, it was a good looking place back then, was one of my favourite wins, still have my trophy :cheesy:
    Loved my club fishing days...the effort and thought (not to mention the money) I use to put into it all back then....still have my gear although my 13 metre pole is pretty outdated these days :cheesy:

5. woody

woody New Member

same here looking to update my pole currantly use a shimano diaflash 14 mtre but cant get spares anywhere for it lookin at about a grand to replace it :scared:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Bump