1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Next Generation Of Whitby Anglers

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Winter Cod Fishing At Whitby West Pier

Kids being kids, they prefer social media by the looks of things. But its nice to see a group of young Whitby lads getting out there on the pier and catching a few fish even on a calm night.

Last nights haul seems to have been cod, pollack and coalies. All the lads caught and posted thier pictures onto our Facebook page. Heres what they posted.

[​IMG]

Adam Greaves 2lb Codling

[​IMG]

Chris Mcarthy - Codling And Coalie

[​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

How do we convince the kids to join the forum ??

3. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good question.

Speaking for myself, I pretty much had to teach myself everything, from scratch. No one I knew sea fished like we do.

I caught the bug aged about 9 when I caught mackerel and pollock in Skye, and then spent summers in Filey, with literally 12 hours a day on Brigg.

These forums are absolutely amazing for learning, but I think everybody needs that spark of catching at the age of those lads in those pictures.

I have thought a few times over the last year about me, or someone more qualified, taking school kids out and installing that spark.

I believe that most things can be made interesting and exciting with the right introduction.

After that, curiosity and this forum can fan those embers. I certainly wish they had been around in my day, as I think 20 years could have been condensed into just a few.

Beats watching TV and drinking alcopops anyway.

4. Baramundi Bob

If you want to say well done, the lads hang out in the Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/257790141075292/

5. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It sadly is a fact of life that Face ache is taking over the world of forums, for myself I will have nothing to do with it, but, if its where the kids go for information , then so be it, let those of us who do use face ache use it to the kids advantage,there seem to be so few younger anglers around these days, they need all the encouragement they can get.

Roger.

6. Baramundi Bob

Faceache offers no value. Just like Video kiled the radio star, Facebook kiiled the forum?? or did it ?? My stats say very different. Facebook a quick form of communication, but try finding anything of interest there. Try finding quality content or anything of value ? Try searching for something you said last week never mind last year. I call it retard central, I use it to draw traffic here and to my other sites and must admit its an awesome tool for that. On real Whitby half my readers on the website come via social media now. I use it to push traffic, its a fantatsic seo tool in that respect. Other than that i use it to take the piss. To be honest the kids aint on Facebook, the majority of them moved on a year or so back. Whats app, snap chat and instagram seem to be what my kids use now. On instagram they dont even need to talk :-/

7. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

No story's of batman bish on forum Glenn just the odd tale of halibut pulled out of kiddies corner ;-)