1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mull Of Galloway - Cant Wait To Get Back !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mad mick, Apr 8, 2014.

1. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

anyone been up fishing the mull yet?

Sent from my LG-E610 using Tapatalk

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: mull?

Not yet, but im feeling the urge :)

3. mad mick

me to. its less 2hours drive for me glenn but the down side is i wouldnt like to fish some of the marks on my own as i could trip easy. when do the bass start on the lures or flys anyone? cheers

4. congerball

congerball Blenny

Usually kicks on around May time......cant wait for summer.

5. Baramundi Bob

Ditto

6. Baramundi Bob

I'm just hoping its better this year. Last year was appalling up there. 1 bass for 6 rods over 4 days. Not many pollack either, but the whole bay was alive with tiny mackeral.

I blame the cold winter and spring prior, but we shall see what turns up this year as Im keen to be up there again.

7. mad mick

hoping to take the wife up in awfew weeks.

8. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Got chatting to a coarse angler fishing a match on my river. A Durham/Chester-Le-Street guy.
    (who has caught over 2000 salmon, with his best being last year when he got 269 on the Wear!!!!)
    But I digress.
    Told him I fished sea a bit, and he said he never did as it made him nervous. He told me his two mates went to Mull and set up to fish for the weekend. One lad was baiting up and when he looked up, his mate was gone. He thought it was a joke, and started looking for him all over with his light on. A good five minutes later he appeared back on the rock. Turned out a wave had come in, picked him clean up, taken him over a hundred yards out to sea. Luckily for him, a later wave chucks him back onto the rock. They packed up, drove back and have never been sea fishing since.
    God willing it won't happen to any of us, and it certainly won't stop me fishing, but it made for an amazing story (my re-telling does not do it justice, I'm sure!)

9. mad mick

he is one lucky lucky man.

10. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wow what a very lucky man indeed . Lucky enough to be able to tell the story , no wonder he's decided to rack it in. Seen the brigg get a bit hairy at times with some swell on. I'm currently doing an extension on my house so I've limited time really but if I can I'm going to try and get to the mull for 3 days in August

John

11. mad mick

11th july for 3days for me n the lads. anyone going up around this time? i be also trying for bass from next month

12. alan smith

alan smith Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

not been up this year yet, my caravan is on site in ardwell village and they had a tidal surge . im going up in three weeks time to see if theres anything left .

13. mad mick

hope its all ok mate

14. Davo

Davo Rockling

Is there any slipway's to launch from up at the Mull?

15. mad mick

i know there is a one at ardwell and the back bay at ardwell.

16. Davo

Davo Rockling

Thanks Mick.

17. mad mick

i think there is one down tarbet were ppl camp. maybe few other lads with the boats could help you mate

18. alan smith

alan smith Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for your comment mick. I do believe you can launch boat at tarbet and that's at the mull near enough.

19. Baramundi Bob

East Tarbet. Sure there are many other places.

20. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I am going up for the easter weekend friday to monday with my wife and 5year old grandson,
    i may put a line in some where 8)