1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mark Within The Mark

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Glenn,im not a user of Facebook but having read this,found it very interesting and informative.Thank you and well done.

Would it be possible to incorporate these articles,as a sticky, within the Forum?

3. wilky

wilky Blenny

As a non-local who is trying to learn one or two of the local marks this is a real help. I had a good look around Runswick at low tide last year and despite the write up already present on the site, I found assessment of those marks to the right of the yacht club bewildering/confusing, and this helps tremendously.

4. Baramundi Bob

Hi Mate, no these items are for facebook page members only. In future I will be only releasing them onto facebook.

I will also be developing an iphone, android and facebook app which will let users input weather conditions and tides and then recive information on best marks. All will be released through facebook.

I will also be doing live fishing updates this winter, on the facebook page only.

I realise a lot of site users dont have facebook. But its 2012, and this is the way of the world. Get involved our you may miss out on valuable fishing information

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Loving it fella...................

6. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Ok ill give it a whirl,but the brief look i had semed confusing.

Does this mean the forum will eventually become redundant?im probably missing somethimg but cant see what you could do on facebook that you cant here,ie posting live reports whilst fishing.

good luck with it all anyway glenn.Im sure ill figure it out,eventually!!

7. Baramundi Bob

No, the forum wont become redundant, far from it. Hopefully facebook will help us drive more visitors to the site in the longer term. I dont fully understand facebook myself, but the more you use it the more it will begin to seem familiar, just like when you first started using the site.

Just a new way of communicating and sharing your fishing experiences. Hopefully it will just seem like an extension of the forum. Ill still be posting all my major catch reports and pics here, so I would say keep the forum and facebook in your browsers favourites. Ive got the fishing bug again so theres lots too come from me in the coming months both here and on facebook. Hopefully all the old faithful and some new members will be helping out too.

I had felt the forum was slipping of late. Not enough quality reports with pics etc. That seems to have picked up again recently, but Im keen to get the forum back to its best. Ive a lot of ideas for the coming 6 months.

8. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The Facebook page is very good and well worth the add.

Mick

9. bow1

bow1 Rockling

good to hear the bugs bitten again glenn.im looking forward to the winter and will be posting regular with pics,now i sussed photobucket(again!!!).

i aint posted much over summer but then again apart from the mull i aint fished since March!!!

Glad to hear the forum is picking up and in no danger,i look forward to my daily browse.

10. Baramundi Bob

new one coming soon.

11. Baramundi Bob

12. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just had a read on facebook,, another very interesting read,and for my self might have to try the place this winter,,
    keep up the good work glen

13. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Deano, expect another one in about 3 - 4 weeks. I suggest people add the facebook page to their favourites as I have all sorts of content planed for there over the coming months.

14. bow1

bow1 Rockling

aint read this one yet Glenn as work have barred Facebook but im sure itll be superb and i look forward to doing so.

Is it possible ,and if so how, to save these installments ,collectively, upon my computer for ease of reference in the future?Or do i do it the old fashioned way and print em off and keep a paper file :sad:

15. Baramundi Bob

You could take a screen print and store it on your desktop as a jpeg.

16. bow1

bow1 Rockling

wots a screen print and a jpeg?sorry to be a numpty.

17. Baramundi Bob

Googles for Numptys :surprise: :laugh: