1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Gill

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by LEONFR, Jul 25, 2013.

1. LEONFR

LEONFR New Member

Does anyone know who has taken over the gill or claphow reservoir as it is also known it has been closed unroll further notice and is getting cleaned out and walkways done.

2. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Jono at Keith's sports has taken it on, lads been very busy up there last few days. There is a Facebook page I shall post it when I get chance

3. TheMachine

TheMachine Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

https://www.facebook.com/claphow.rezzie?hc_location=stream
    The work parties have been very productive, it is starting to come together nicely, looks like a different place

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Don't know why I haven't fished here yet, only round the corner from me. Will deffo have a try for those big roach once opened again.

5. mike_t

Been a long time since I have been on there remember some big perch in there too and plenty of them, had never seen the carp in there before but there are a few, not sure if he is on about stocking it too

6. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

Now lads, this is great news as it is on my way home from work every day. I had wondered if there was something going on there as there has been cars there all the time lately. Does anyone have any info on the place? I'm not on facebook so can't look at their page. Is it gonna be day ticket/Syndi? Any info would be greatly appreciated lads.

Cheers.

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Speaking to jono the other day about it, apprantly it'll be day tickets sold on the bank. Think they are still doing some work but open soon, I fancy a go at the big Roach and Perch. Probably best popping into Keith's and having a word with Jono.

8. mike_t

Just been on the page it's opening the 5th October, can only acces it via road side and stick to the path. It's £6 a day two rods from Keith's or on the bank. There is a list of rules which I will post up as soon as I get a bit more time.

9. andym

andym Rockling

Rule No1 should be strictly under no circumstances are Mokens allowed!!!!!!!!

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

lol Rule No2: ignore rule No1

Stealth owners are so bitter & twisted :D

11. andym

andym Rockling

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :p :-X :-X

12. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

That all sounds great, I'll maybe pop into keith's on my way home one day or keep an eye out for any cars parled up and have a wander across. How do you get to it? Is it just through the gate and follow the hedge towards the woods?

13. andym

andym Rockling

Yes mate just follow the hedgerow into the woods not been up there for years but it always looked a perfect little spot full of fish

14. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

Cheers mate, looking forward to an opportunity to get to have a look round the place!