1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The get down is now known as B.O.L.L.O.X.'D

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

So we've done a few recces with the safety gear after our first "reckless" descent and put in in a few pins so today we decided on a trip down seeing as there was plenty of colour.......small tide so maybe the eagerness to see if it was do=able up and down with fishing gear got the better of us........perhaps Ravenscar or even Long Hole with more tide run might have been a better choice but anyway we chose Bemmo.......anyway Rob needed to be home by 8pm......so he didn't miss heartbeat !!
    Some last minute preparations had meant Jelly needed some fresh bait and so plenty of prime fresh blacks and a few yellowtails ordered from Gary at Tri-star ready to be picked up on the way.

Arrived at Tri-star to greeted by a huge "Sorry"....the Saturday lad sold all the bait.....not to let us down Gary came up trumps with a bag of Frozen bait to get us fishing,,,,cracking make up for slight feux pas.......thankyou Gary ....don't forget about the kayak seats ... :yes: :happy: :happy:

Once at Bemmo it was bloody freezing but the adrenalin would soon warm us up on the way down. :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rob set of first down into the abyss.
    Soon followed by jw still bricking it...lol.....why does someone terrified of heights keep going down these places....lol

Once down I had the usual 20 mins rest and composure break whilst Rob was straight away blasting baits out towards Belgium.
    To cut a long story short the lack of tide was soon evident with a few bites but nothing very positive until I pulled out the obligatory Blegg closely followed by Rob pulling in his signature lobster catch.
    After struggling to catch anything decent Rob brought out his secret weapon....(that boy has issues !!)....a 6ft telescopic whip...and there he was Blenny bashing in the rock pools such was his desire not to blank... :canadian: :canadian:
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately the funniest moment was not captured by my camera....the bit where daftlad did a swandive from the cliff ledge onto his right knee holing his waders and thermals in the process...hardlines Rob.... :sad: :canadian: :sad:

We did manage a few chucks off crab scar resulting in a stocky but small mop for me....with a few missed bites.

All to soon it was time to consider the haul back up that cliff face.... :sad: :sad:
    At the top I was completely knackered....Rob...well he just said " I'm B.O.L.L.O.X.'D
    [​IMG]
    .....Filey Brigg next time ????

Cheers Jellyworm. :happy:

2. macky

macky New Member

i said it before and i'll say it again

BLOODY MENTAL :laugh:

3. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

nice pics jw, pleased to see that both you and rob made it up and down safely,the weather conditions suited a recce, but imagine what it will be like on a wet and windy november night, rather you than me mate, i would be shi**ing myself,
    shame you both were'nt rewarded with a couple of decent fish for your enthusiasm and hard graft

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Sage:You're right....by next November we'll need somewhere challenging...lol....maybe a kayak launch down Blea Wyke ... :wink: :wink:

Macky:The offer still stands of coming along to see what this rock angling lark is all about ?

:wink: :wink:

5. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

will have to come and see that kayak launch... :laugh: :laugh: i hold you rods while you do it..if something goes wrong i keep the rods.... :laugh: :laugh:

6. macky

macky New Member

dont think the rope would hold me m8 :cheesy:

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

you dont have to be a fearless mountaingoat to be a rock angler, the only ropes i like are the ones that steady your decent, not keep you from dying :canadian:

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Paul... right on that one :yes:......yesterday was a bit of light relief after a heavy winters fishing and we've been looking at several possible access points some needing ropes,that one is just about now at the point of being beyond bothering with as the footholds have all but fallen away , the cliff face is very unstable and crumbling and getting back up would be impossible without the ascending devices we used seeing as most is now either sheer rock or loose shale.The effort involved left me completely shattered....great sense of achievement but.....lol
    Definately easier ways of a few hours fishing......but a great adrenalin buzz for this in-between time as far as the fishing goes........roll on the summer fishing now this halfway quiet spell been lasting too long.
    About time we had some settled weather let the colour drop out of the water bring the crabs back in and dust down the kayak proper.

Cheers Jellyworm.

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Rob, I just cannot believe you had a telescopic whip with you :laugh: . Looks like you had a lot of fun anyway. I had a little paddle at Mappleton but sea whipped up big in no time so it was a very short trip. Would love to have a sess going down a rope with you sometime Dave. :happy:

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Just take your whip next time Rob it will be less bollocking :whistle:

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Let the colour drop Ken....you been to Blea Wyke.?....nice gentle start for you... :yes:

12. newdave

newdave Guest

Worm i have put a thread on the non fishing bit called steep decent, you might be interested in, if we get enough snow i will ski down it :laugh:
    [​IMG]

13. robq

robq Rockling

That was an enjoyable if unproductive session :whatever: :whatever: I used to do a bit of rock climbing and scrambling a few years ago, so to combine the two sports is great for me !!

The reason for the whip, is that last time down there I saw a huge blenny or scorpion fish thingy in a rockpool and thought that I would have a go at catching him !! It was only £1 from the pound shop and I thought it might be fun and provide the Worm with a few laughs :laugh: :laugh: unfortunately the blennys were about as co-operative as the codling :sad: :sad:

Here are a few worm dangling pics :cheesy: :cheesy: not very good quality but in my defence the light was very poor !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. bassman

bassman Administrator

Rob you are barkin mad m8 :scare: