1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the ga're redcar

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by lankypaul, Dec 29, 2013.

1. lankypaul

lankypaul Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Going to fish the gare today where best for it as found it quite rocky in summer and wonderful if there was a best bit for beach casting

2. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The right hand corner is generally clean ground used to fish the basin at the start of the gate from the beach never done much though!

3. lankypaul

Cheers will give ita try had some nice coalie around there just at end of maki season taking mates son unless u can suggest anywhere else local to Redcar area

4. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

right hand side where it steps up cast tward redcar, dangle over edge in front of steps at high water sometime get some billet
    bottom of ramp on river side best with tide coming up otherwise gets a bit snaggy at low

5. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I might give it a go tomorrow

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

6. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo, paul I will be down there from 5, I will have a green hat on,give me a shout, anywhere on the front is ok the more you go round the left it gets snaggy, ( Hartlepool corner ) the riveride abit snaggy but that mainly on the way in, catching the rock armer etc

7. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Try the steps (middle landing onto the bottom landing redcar side) for codling and lobsters, very snaggy but can produce some nice fish and crustaceans ;)

8. lankypaul

Fished it over high water lunch time had one flattie and only saw a few more come out there was a match on and think winner had 2 flaties thanks for advice