1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2012 - 1st September To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 31, 2012.

1. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

well ive eventually beaten my 2lber curse and got a 4.4 lb er last night and 2 mops about time really i havnt had such a bad a season since i was about 10 but it was still very slow at runswick deffo no where near enough sea we fished nearly every mark down there for them the sea is in the wrong direction for it really it was missing it a bit really but 16 fish for me now so slowely getting there

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

5 for me last night puts me on 32, 18 to go............................

[​IMG]

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Another 4 for me last night from runswick a real good weigh in last night in Whitby club most aglers getting into good cod matey g won yet again with 19lb bag I was second with 18 lb and pippin on here had a nice one of 11.9 lb and a mop for about 14lb for 3rd so puts me on 20 now

4. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

27 for me now.
    Had two 3lbers out last night. Dont seem to be as many fish around as would be expected with the conditions. Will see if its any different tonight!

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

57 down

one cod today, mini pig 9lb 5oz

pic later(when our lass will sort) :yes:

high water runswick bullnose wall.

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

bit of an update on my last week or so of pig hunting.

Last Sunday in my club match I fished Runswick and managed 2 .. one mop and a seasons best 7lb 9oz.
    Monday night I again opted for runswick and i got 3 , one 4lber and 2 mops
    Weds night in my club match yes you guessed it I was back at runswick, another 2, a 2lber and a 5 and half pounder
    Last night I fished a bit further south and managed 3 more, a 3.5, a 4.5 and a 5lb 11. Also lost a really good fish

so that's 10 more for the week puts me on to 33

7. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

2 for me last night. One just under 5 from sandsend and one nearly 6 lb from runswick. Bit slow going but a nice night out weather wise.
    20 done with a month left !

8. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

One in cloughton open 5lb 8oz puts me on 25

9. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Managed 1 more last night to put me on 12. it weighed 4lb 15oz from goldsborough. it was a slow night down there last night.

10. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

2more from saltwick yesterday in cloughton puts me on 22 now

11. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

3 more Cod for me last night in the St mary's match, including an 11lb 7oz specimen from Kettleness, puts me on 4 now.
    Cheers Col.

12. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Another 1 mop 3lb.8oz for me from Bernies Sandsend cliffs putting me on an all mighty 5 caught on squid cart.

13. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

That's not a mop it's a young pig chris

14. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I want one of them old pigs ohh ye I already have one :whistle: :whistle:

15. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

3 for me last night, 1 from Bernies, 2 from Runswick leaves me on 35....

16. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

I'm now on 28.
    Manage one just shy of 4lbs last night from holbeck first cast. All went quiet after that with only a billet to show.

17. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

just a lonely one for me last night
    Now on 21

18. Lobbers

64 fish so far

7 nice fish from salty pier last night, can i get 36 more fish before the end :whistle:

19. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Another 1 today fishing at Horden gives me a grand total of 6 lol.

20. Lobbers

65 fish so far

1 codling 4lb 7oz tonight from port to win lerch and snapoffs (russel and dale), dads memorial match.

i'll be doing a nice recipe with this fish for me n karen, special to me this fish , it will be getting my best jamie olliver impersonation :yes: