1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2012 - 1st September To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

51 codling so far

went on west tonight, i had the only fish 1.5lb mop, walked off with ritchie woody and sham, shouted over to the east, two lads on red dalek, they kept tellin me to foooook off, then one of them shouted ive had a nine pounder, and he held up a long white hand rag so i shouted foooook off, when i got back to the car my phone went , it was jeff and dave blanking on the east . lol

another 49 size coddies for my target :yes:

2. Lobbers

nice one matty, your fish are getting bigger now, wont be long before were all pulling spragg in.

3. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

I'm in either 22 or 20 depending on we're my 2 from Kent count.

I had 3 more to 6lbs last night. Surprised considering the conditions.

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cheers mate, getting there! I think that spragg is just round the corner, I can feel it in me bones!

5. Lobbers

i felt it in my bones matty, and me bones were right, my 52nd is a 10lb 1oz pig with fins oh yeah, i went from mops only, 5lb, 6lb, 7lb, 8lb. was sure i'de click a 9lb'er next, well i skipped it and got a pig with fins, i'll settle for that, and hopefully get a nine pounder out of sequence on my next outing. im also experimenting, i hav'nt gutted the beast yet, its sat in my very cold baitfridge, on a black binliner and its $hitting pudles, im just interested how much weight they lose over night, because i've been close to doubles with 9 13's 9 14's, when i first started going out with our lass , i was taking her out for dinner one night but the sea was mint for cow jet, so i went on there first of flood , i was on there with big wayne and local boy kit, banging cod out from the start, the last fish i had , witch kit jumped down the rock armour to land for me was a pig , big wayne said thats a boubler no doubt.i had to go to meet karen so i layed it out on top of my seatboxin the boot of my car and put some kitchenroll over its bumhole to stop it pooing out weight( a trick i did with a 10lb 7oz cod from salty pier years earlier, it stopped the pooh spewing out ,and when i took it for jamsey to to show at inshore fisheries, he weighed it a 10lb 2oz), the next day after a lovely night with our lass i opened the boot to find the poo stopper had failed and there was cod sith all over the top of my box , i took it to redcar tackle shop and it weighed 9lb14oz, so never went on my caught doubles tarray, no doubt on the night it was over ten, but officially not.
    bloody hell its 3am, not tired, buzzing, better shoot off though, she'l have something to say tomorrow when i lay in bed til midday.

6. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

On 13 now with yet another mop from saltwick still nothing over 2 lb this year very poor but well done Paul on your pig

7. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

16 for me now please Glenn after a nice 8 1/2 lb'er from Runswick
    Did a little post too :happy:

8. Lobbers

54 codlings so far

fished the st mary's mally green memorial runswick pipe to kettleness point match tonight, fished littlerun and managed two codling, so that puts me 46 shy of my target :yes:

9. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

[​IMG]

10. Lobbers

ooops forgot too mention i won the mally green mary's match with the two codling, biggest 2lb 12oz, i think, cheers andy p.

11. andyp

andyp New Member

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

1 mop in my club match last night, puts me on 23

13. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

looked at the forecast & webcams yesterday and headed for RHB straight after work before the club matches started.

first cast on the new slip and straight into a fish. i thought here we go ill be in for a sack full tonight. it wasnt to be and the sea fell right away the more it ebbed out and only managed a single 2lber.

still it puts me on 24.

14. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Started off on cowbar jetty about ten last night and fished for a couple of hours with no joy so headed closer to home and went on saltburn pier there was a few lads on with a few small whiting between them.
    First cast with mussel and razor resulted in a mop about two pound then about a hour later i had another mop on mussel and cart.
    So two for me last night puts me on six.

15. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Im on 24 now.
    managed two more yesterday in daylight. lost another right at the edge, even saw it!

16. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Im on 11 now. finally reached double figures!
    caught two last night from the goat track, one was 7lb 15 1/2oz and the other about 2 lb. lost one at my feet which must have been 5 or 6 lb plus missed abother couple. it was a good night for it, plenty weighed in on the club match. best bag came from goldsborough to matt garbutt.

17. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

I'm on 25 now.
    managed to get a plump 5lber out first chuck from a busy holbeck. Had one more good bite and missed it. would have expected a few more gosh out of holbeck but hey ho

18. Lobbers

56 codling so far

fished port tonight, down to low, a mop first cast , my bait was probably heavier, but it was 36cm's so it counts, i thought i dont want another one of these so i put a slab out with an eddy and a velv for good measure, my rod ripped over , fish on , told "snapoff", get your butt down the bottom of rocks, it came off. next cast, the same , a slab with a big eddy , same again , rod smashed over, awesome bite, but nowt, third time lucky i thought so the same combination went out to the same spot, 2mins in the water , bam rod smashed over struck freshair. it never came back, and the fishing was pants, i managed a 5lb'er before low, witch made it worthwhile, dale had a rare catch of a 2'5lb codling , but billy morrison doinked the pair of us with three codling 5lb, 3lb, 3lb, well done bill :yes:

i'll never get 44 codling in a month :laugh:

19. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

18 for me now having sneaked a couple out of a weed filled Runswick Bay last night both mops

20. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One more lonely mop from a very wet and windy mulgrave this morning puts me on seven.