1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2012 - 1st September To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Quite simple. The challenge is to catch fifty cod from the shore between now and the end of December. No size limits. Report your catch here with as many pictures as possible. Best of luck to you all.

Stick our Facebook page in your favourites for updates as they happen.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whitby-Sea-Anglers/211560138890758

Best Reports

Mark Gelder Finds Better Fish At Bempton
    Dan Damo And Lobbers - Staithes Cod Fishing
    A Staithes PB For Deano
    Early Bird Catches The Mops
    Kettleness Cod Fishing
    Mikes New Pb Cod 11lb
    Cowbar And Staithes, Where Big Cod Roam

The Catches So Far

Lobbers - 47
    CliffTopRunner - 40
    Mark Gelder 27
    Dan The Pollack - 23
    Mike 33 - 19
    Silver Fox - 18
    Hilsey - 17
    Deadly Fish Rich - 14
    Robq - 13
    Lawsey - 12
    Rich Cope - 9
    Steve - 7
    Dean72 - 6
    Steven Watt - 5
    Andy P - 6
    Shammy - 5
    Mike T - 4
    Bow 1 - 4
    Craig T 4
    Nevbob - 4
    Dolphin - 4
    Bowesy - 3
    GoGOGadgetRod - 3
    Yackin Sam - 3
    Woody -2
    Jape - 2
    Mad Mick 2
    Lerch - 2
    Sage - 2
    Harry The Cod - 1
    Crabadabado - 1
    Ive Got Crabs - 1
    Pat Cottam - 1

Best Pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

im gonna try for a hundred in the four months, and its my own choice but i wont be counting undersized fish, hopefully will get off the mark tomorrow in the first match of the filey festivals, im buzzing for it :yes:

3. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

I'll kick things off, me n deadly fished flambra last night, I managed 9, only 6 count though as 3 caught before midnight, deadly caught 5, 4 count for challenge. Stamp was better than last year where we were struggling to get owt above 2lb. I'll post pics n report later

[​IMG]

4. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Come on mark give em a chance :wink:

5. Lobbers

nice one mark, looks like you'lle take some beating again, you'lle have it licked by october, nice to hear of a good stamp too, lookfarward to pics, anyway im off raiding darn sarf, show these filey boys how its done :cheesy:

6. Lobbers

failed miserably in the first filey match today, but i did have 2 mops, so im off the mark, 98 to go :yes:

7. Steve

Steve Rockling

two for me last night at flamborough over low water so 48 to go. im only trying for 50

8. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done lads. Am looking forward to getting out this week. Going to put some hours into it again this year and hope to get to 50. Or beat bow1 for once ha ha. Ding ding round 3

Mick

9. nevbob

nevbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One for me at craster will report later when I get back in :yes:

Cheers

Nev

10. robq

robq Rockling

I also had a disaster in the filey match :sick:

1 mop for me and a bust phone after an unplanned swim LOL :embarrass:

Jellyworm on 2 though :yes:

11. Lobbers

one measly mop in the filey today, puts me on 3 :hurt:

12. Lobbers

three mops in the filey last night, two 35cm one 38cm, loads of under mops though, but i did say i would only be counting maff sized fish , put me on six coddies so far.
    the other codlings i caught were all 34cm's but not quite 35, about four or five of them. the thing is i was getting these codlings in amongst a feeding frenzy of coalies, in a mental two hour period, so it goes to show that what glenn said about the impending winter season looking good for fish numbers, does look good. size mops soon put on weight, while the season is ongoing, aslong as we get lots of seas, they will be bag fillers this year, inamongst the better fish, so lets be hopefull of many northwest or southeasterly winds or anything inbetween(appart from dead east), and we might be in for a bumper season :yes:

anyway six down 94 to go :yes:

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cant wait. Just need to get my bait together now.

14. Lobbers

you'le have no problem with bait bud, late moult of better doggers, orange youlkers, get them out of your rubber, and your away, no probs.

15. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

1 more for me last night around 3lb, managed a few hours on Flamborough while the Filey boys had a night off, puts me on 7 now

16. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The wife requested a few hours peace last night so I headed up to Whitby west and fished over high water, plenty of action off the crabs but managed to winkle out two mops and a whitie so two down 48 to go.

17. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Sneaked one off the drive wednesday afternoon so thats 5 down 45 to go just need some seas !!!!!!!

18. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Is it just me or has it started a month early this year? I will be have a crack at my first 1 day next week i think

19. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeah started early this year Scotty to give lads a bit longer to hit the magic fifty.

20. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Off to the Hugh at 3.30am till 7am work at half 7 gutted. Hope to tug afew mops and get the ball rolling

Mick :crazy: