1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2011 - 1st October To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 1, 2011.

1. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2 down for me 48 to go

2. robq

robq Rockling

Shot up to bemmo tops tonight after finishing work at 6pm after a txt from jelly saying he was heading up there after work :surprise:

was fishing by 8 and packing up at half 10 :tired:

A very quiet night up there for some reason ?? maybe the full moon ??? I have never done well on full moon nights :whatever:

No bleggs or billets either :suspious:

I managed a mop as did jellyworm so 5 for me and 2 for jelly :happy:

Hardly a great result for up there in dark at this time of year :no:

Mark managed a nice one over 4lb that we though might be a bit bigger !! we got all excited at having to get the pole out :cheesy: :cheesy:

that was the highlight of the night really :whatever: apart from a spirited drive home for a few cold ciders :happy: :happy:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The Story So Far

Mark Gelder 13
    Lobbers 5
    Mike 33 - 5
    Matty 5
    Lawsey 8
    Rob Q 5
    Crusty 4
    Deadlyfishrich 3
    Newbury1 - 3
    Glenn -2
    Dan The Pollack 2
    Rubbish 2
    Steve 2
    Jellyworm 2
    Woody -1
    Bow 1 - 1
    Boomstick - 1
    Captain cod eye 1
    Not so deadly Growler Rich 0

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

not much better for me boys, for some reason i went down port, after my first cast off the jetty resulted in a mop of about 1.5lb, still almost daylight, lovely colour in the water, am i gonna get a few tonight, no, that was it, appart from one bite i had on the rocks that tried to tare the rod from my hands

by the way god of all cod is a complete dikchead , wot a div, my first double of the season my arse, if you saw the pic, then you could measure the length of the fish using the kitchen tiles, i put the bigger at about seven pound. and anyone on this site who caught a fourteen pounder this early, in a flat sea, from staithes ,, of all places, and just thought, i'll photograph them on the sink, rather than to see me holding such a fantastic catch for all to see, appologies to all who congratulated this complete liar.

5. robq

robq Rockling

I thought exactly the same Paul but wanted to be sure before I said owt :yes:

Its bang out of order really :angry:

lots of lads will have wasted a lot of bait, time fuel and cash chasing fish that just were not there :whatever: :whatever:

Where have all the mops gone though ?? nice swell tonight, loads of colour, good tide but yet again fish thin on the ground :sick: :sick:

6. Lobbers

yeh nice sea, afew of my mates went back of runny, rubbish blanked( by the way glenn dave is on four, two in the newbiiggin open and two last week when he won his clubmatch)

sorry digressed ,, yeah dave , feff walker and jon nixwent back of runn jon had a 5.5lb er, jeff had a couple of 4lb ers, so there was fish to be had rob, just not where we went :no:

anyway im on six, my lucky number is seven, so my seventh will spark a big flurry in cod after cod after cod oh yes :crazy:

7. robq

robq Rockling

I said we was in too deep water tonight and that the fish would be on scaurs looking for feed :whatever: Never mind !!

My lucky number is 38 :sad:

Will be too late for me by then !!

8. Lobbers

i was on scaurs rob, they got the fish from the safety of the heavy weed left of runny, they were fresh fish apparently so all is not lost, lets have some seas, proppper seas :yes:

9. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its taken 5trips out this week to get my 1st codling!!! Me and bow1 fished south shields pier on the end casting into the channel. I got my cod on a propper cocktail of bait i managed to get 1rag worm 6blacks 1crab on a 4/0 hook and wrapped them all up.(worm hooked in the heads) i also had a whiting and lost two better fish and the 1st one i lost was nodding away befor it pulled me into the rocks the bloody thing. Sean (bow1) done really well land 6cod up to 3 half lb and a nice size pouting. Sean got most me his fish on crab. Sorry we got no photo's due to having a dead phone. so thats me off the mark 49 to go................. Bring it on

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Another 6 for me last night from Bemmo, report and pic to follow............

[​IMG]

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

myself and sam went out last night for a few hours. We started at kettleness. lovely bit of sea on with masses of colour and we were hopeful of a few fish, but it wasnt to be , we only got a couple of rockling each from there.

Packed in just before Low Water and decided to call in at cowbar to fish the gully for the start of the flood. Things weren't a lot better there but we had a few bites and I landed a mop. Packed in at about 1:30. I had to get up at 6:45 so I'm proper knackerd now

Anyway, 1 more down puts me on 6

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

flipping heck mate , leading the way or what! well done

13. bow1

bow1 Rockling

As in Mad Micks post,i winkled out 6 up to 3.5lb from SouthShields pier last night.Puts me on 7.

14. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Seams it,s fishing well up there at the moment well done Bow1

15. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Im on 8 glen not 6

16. Baramundi Bob

The Story So Far

Mark Gelder 13
    Lawsey 10
    Rubbish 6
    Lobbers 5
    Mike 33 - 5
    Matty 5
    Rob Q 5
    Crusty 4
    Deadlyfishrich 3
    Newbury1 - 3
    Glenn -2
    Dan The Pollack 2
    Steve 2
    Jellyworm 2
    Woody -1
    Bow 1 - 1
    Boomstick - 1
    Captain cod eye 1
    Not so deadly Growler Rich 0

17. Baramundi Bob

Ok guys, if people are going to take part in this Im going to insist on at least a couple of reports with pictures. Its no fun constantly updating this if people arent going to chip in. So from here on in im only updating the tally for people who post a report with pics every now and again.

18. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

glen i cannot load up photos from my phone it just wont let me. Will my report be enough? Mick

19. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

im quite happy to post reports and pics but last night I only got one mop which I returned and it was pitch black so not a lot of opportunities fot photos. I will always try to , daylight fishing makes it much easier

anyway im on 6 now not 5 glenn :yes:

20. bow1

bow1 Rockling

I also do not have a camera nor the means/technical know how to put up pics!