1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2011 - 1st October To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 1, 2011.

1. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

2 more today in the cloughton festive sweepstake puts me on 37 now so that's me as I won't be fishing tomorrow

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

two more for me too in the cloughton, a 7lb'er and a 4lb'er,

53 down, only 47 tomorrow night to make the hundred :laugh: :cheesy: :cheesy:

3. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Managed 1 last night from RHBay, 6lb8oz.............

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

2 more for me , 1 mop in the cloughton from hummersea and 1 mop from wills mams so thats me done, 39 in total

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

2 more fish in the ship open, biggest 4lb 8 1/2oz total 7lb 1oz . puts me on 12 now

6. egg

egg Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well i ended up with just 28 from the beach with the majority caught when we had the S/E winds in late October and early November. Westerly winds have knacked us as soon as bit seas gets away it just dies off after a couple of tides. The past few weeks there's been cod caught in our club matches but only half a dozen or so for 13-15 rods each match, and those caught have come from all along beach, bit of pot luck at times. The fish were however a much better stamp than last season with loads around 4-5lb and not a great many mops. Hopefully we'll get some seas in the new year and bring them in more often.

Well done to all the lads who managed to get the 50 up and of course those who tried.

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

well then guess who had the last cod of 2011, yes you have got it right ..... LERCH :yes:

had a few hours on salty pier, russell was on cow jet, he had no luck, and i persuaded him to have a chuck on salty, the last remaining swell of 2011 was withering away, lerch came on the pier, he had a stonking whiting first cast then bam , coddie on, safely winched up by lobbers carefull hands, a nice 4.5lb codling. sadly that was it for the cod action, whiting just would'nt leave baits alone nomatter how big they be, so home for sloes on ice and jools hootenanny :yes:

all the best everyone, and well done russ on getting his third codling of the season, the lad was over the moon :yes:

tight lines for the new year and may all braid users miss evrery bite :cheesy:

8. LERCH

LERCH Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers Paul for not dropping this one off and i wish it 45lb but it was 4lb 4oz. yer it has been along time coming that number 3 :cheesy: . Just hope i get some more now.

happy new year lads

9. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, welldone rusty, nice one

10. LERCH

LERCH Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I came round on way home but u where not in

11. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

great stuff to every1

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

How many made 50 last year ??

13. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Not me but am going for it this year. Looking forward to the challenge.

Mick
    :educated: :educated: :pray: :pray: :wounded:

14. robq

robq Rockling

not me :no:

around 30 from sept to march :sick:

15. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

I'll be giving it another go this year, can't see me having as many lucky days this year......................

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I got 39 between 1st Oct and 31 Jan. Hope to better it this year

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

17. Baramundi Bob

Should be a much better year. All the signs are there.

18. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

deadly and myself will be trying to gain a head start, fishing for 3-4 hrs saturday morning mi thinks..........................

19. bow1

bow1 Rockling

think i had 42 last year

20. Baramundi Bob