1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2011 - 1st October To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 1, 2011.

1. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Nice fish bud I wanted to have a look out this aft but I had to do my vat instead wat joy

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well done Matty nice fish mate :cool:

3. halibut man

halibut man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One more for me last night puts me on 34

4. woody

woody New Member

well done matty show m how its done !!

5. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

i only managed 1 in the xmas match of whitby west after a poor low tide effort at runner

6. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

it was bloody hard work but my 50'th codling came from saltburn pier tonight , a nice fat six pounder, followed by a 2.5lb codling :yes:

SHE'S THERE BOY :happy:

see AND THEN SHAMMY LEFT, post

im on 51 :whistle: :whistle:

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Well done on getting the 50 Paul :yes: I had to have a night off last night. Im gonna need some seas in the next week to stand a chance of getting another 14!

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Paul, well deserved bud..................

9. bow1

bow1 Rockling

nice on Paul,i fished Hawthorne again and like you was surprised at how little sea was on and how quick the remainder died.
    I would have preferred a trip south but time yet again against me.

Managed to snickle one mop first chuck and lost another.

Like you fox i need some more seas but back at work xmas day,i too now need 16.34 total.!

10. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Well done on making the 50 lobbers it has been a close run thing this year and a very difficult season. Fantastic achievement by all who entered and kept us amused. Congratulations to you all it has been fascinating.
    Just a side note for next year perhaps. This is the 50 cod challenge and it is only possible to catch the cod that are in front of you, fact. The average weight thing should maybe be the basis of a seperate challenge altogether.

11. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

12. Lobbers

easy matty, three thurs three fri, and knock eight on the head with the dieing swell saturday, no probs :cool:

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I admire your optimism Paul, gonna go all out thurs / fri as can't fish Sat (new years eve)

tbh I'll be happy to get to 40

14. Lobbers

shit yeh forgot sat is new years eve, oh well, thurs fri for me to hit 70 then :whistle:

15. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one lobbers! Been out twice this month which is shocking from me but kids and work have gettin me. Went out xmas eve down horden. Sea was flat and only managed two whiting 1 was 2lb+ i had to look twice as at 1st glance it looked like a cod.wanna get out this morning for afew hours as i have a babysitter.all the best for the new year lads

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

1 in the ship open today and im up to 37. just need 13 in the cloughton match tomorrow :cheesy:

17. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

2more today in the ship puts me on 35 so 15 tomorrow in the cloughton and were there

18. Lobbers

no probs boys big pod of fish for us tomorrow nice one :yes:

19. bow1

bow1 Rockling

one over high this morn (4lb) puts me on 35,was expecting more but sea too big,may try tonite for the last 15

20. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fished port early hours this morning manage a mop (thats me on 17 now bob hope of getting 50 now) my mate sol got a 6.4lb there was another lad with one for 7lb only 3 fish 8lads down loads of tasty bait been yucked out ... shame ....