1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2011 - 1st October To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 1, 2011.

1. woody

woody New Member

well done Matt y ! I managed a mop and sham had a mop too down salty puts me on 10 only 40 to go lol :whistle:

2. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I also fished Whitby crimbo match got 1 of the pier and then lost one that might of gone 9/10 when someone grabbed it and a swell snapped it so I'm on 33 I think now

3. egg

egg Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I finally move off 27 which I seem to have been stuck on for weeks. 1 mop last night off Horden puts me on 28, Sea was probably a bit big still but it should fish well over the next few days.

4. bow1

bow1 Rockling

well tried Hawthorne bay last night and had the place to myself till getting on for midnite,lovely sea and no wind,perfect.
    Three gullies stood out black when looking over cliff and set up in middle of bay,using cocktails of crab ,blacks and razor.
    Straight away getting a stonking bite which i missed,and most chucks at distance getting some interest.
    totalled seven cod,four of which where size,3 at bout 2.5lb and a better one of 6.5lb(weighed).
    Still fishing well into ebb though had to leave at midnite as on kid duty today(bloody xmas holidays!) already way overdue,good job our lass asleep when i got in!!!
    [​IMG]
    all fish returned as ive still a freezer full hence no bag shot
    anyway these four put me on tally of 33.

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i went on whitby west after a dismall saltburn open , well i could only manage five fish biggest seven pound, the cold just got the better of me and i couldnt hold out for number fifty as i still had my waders on from fishing salty open, and not my lovely and warm lazy man fishing clobber of hotfoots and salopetts.

any way 1 to go

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Paul

7. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

2 for me last night should have been 4 but 1 got snagged up and the other dropped off on the lift. A very enjoyable night for me. So my grand total now stand at 3 :embarrass: :embarrass: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. Only 47 to go :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done criss, was you on the cliffs or local,
    didnt dare chanc two nights on the trot myself , it could have been hazerdous for my health :hurt:

9. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Fished next to killer (bigcod) in the club christmas match and managed 2, both similer size for 7lb 9oz, puts me on 10 now

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Nice catch Rich, how did the match end up , havent seen any report on it yet .

11. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done lobbers , i manage to mops over the weekend one friday from barefleet and port last nite ... that puts me on 16 glen ...

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Matty Garbutt won heaviest bag with 14lb odd. I got heaviest fish 6lb 4oz and second heaviest bag 13lb odd.

full results and report are on the club website harry

I'm up to 6th on the leaderboard :happy:

13. Lobbers

nice one matty , pleanty of time left to kick garbutt ass :yes:

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

do you have a link Matty , when i search for it i just get old stuff, :confused:

15. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

16. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 paul...................

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I got 51 the day before mark got his and loads of doubles :whistle:

Well done mark and thanks for your reports.

Now get back inland where you belong .....cod thief :laugh:

18. Lobbers

more like mop thief ray :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sorry mark, could'nt help meself :cheesy:

19. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Had a few hours this evening round cowbar. Managed another 3 Inc this one my biggest of the season so far.. 6lb 6oz so I'm now on 36

[​IMG]

20. Lobbers

good stuff matty your doing the biz, thats where i would have been tonight , cowbar area, on baby duty , cowbar area will fish all night tonight with that lazy swell left, think there will be a report of a pig tomorrow :yes: