1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2011 - 1st October To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one mark, lets see if one of us can hit 100 before the end of the year :yes:

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

My moneys on you bud, especially given this weekends weather, 2 nites on WW and you'll be almost there..............

3. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Mark,
    well done to everyone that's having a go too....I'm sure that there will be a few more hitting 50 soon....especialy after this weekend.

Regards Ian

4. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mark mate keep it up still a few good sessions to be had i,ll be back next year to try take title off you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink: been enjoying my chillout season

pete

5. Lobbers

dont think i can get out, till sunday, by the way mark not being funny, but what was your biggest fish in fifty, you never really mentioned sizes in reports, most of mine up to now have been 4lb pluss, odd mop here and there, the stamp ive been getting in rough seas has been quality, lots of six pounders about, , just an observasion.

6. woody

woody New Member

well done mark very well done

7. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

We were on about this on Wednesday night paul, your aggregate weight would have dicked me big style, i've had 3 above 4lb, mine were mainly mops.

8. Lobbers

i know, its just strange how bemmo tops is primarily a mop spot, why is there no bigger fish, you have had loads of mops mark but when evrerywhere else is fishing the fish are a lot bigger , is the area like a nursery and the bigguns leave it aloan cos the babies are feeding. basicaly i wish i had a spot where when flat seas , i could go and get a sack of mops inbetween the rough seas :yes:

howld on thinking about it mops are allways closer to the shoreline because they are not clued up like bigger fish, i.e, the bigger fish know when its flat they need to bugger off to deeper water to hit the sandeels etc, especially this time of year , they are feeding hard to make up their kelk and milt sacks, the mops cant compete with them being so young and clueless, so they stay close to shore feeding on what they can, and with the addition of a lot of tide off bemmo, wich gives the mops better feeding with dislodged food.

so when bigger fish might hit bemmo is when the sea is too much to really fish it, i dont know just a thought.

i know one thing i deffo wish i had a tide shot at hand like that, i'd live off selling cod fillet in the winter months :yes:

9. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

just one for me last night about 2lbish puts me on 6

10. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Dan I was thinking of fishing the same place but ended up going to Runny for 1 whiting.

11. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

The rivers Tyne and Wear always seem to throw out vast amounts of mops whenever competitions are held on them and both are only 30 mins drive up the A19. By the way the C&R brigade will love that statement lol. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. cps

cps Rockling

plenty of good fish come from there just they dont get to much publicity

13. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

3 more for me tonight only a short session windy as hell :crazy:

14. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

3 more for me tonight only a short session windy as hell :crazy:

15. Lobbers

fished rock armour at runny over high, pants really, couldn't get passed the billet, i put a huge whole squid on at one point and a bloody billet tried to eat its face and found my hook, i did manage one 3lb codling though, lots of rods about never heard of any other fish coming out, a lot of lads coming from wby west saying too naughty, a few boys going on for the full ebb , snap off dale and pals, and harry the cook had a natter before him and his mate went on the bullnose for a chuck aiming at going on the rocks for the low, will be interesting to see how they got on.

anyway, 44down , six left. hope i get them all tomorrow in the salty open :yes:

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

It was pants Paul, some good baits going out for very little interest, think only you and mick had a fish from the runny chucks last night ,

looked spot on as well , me and buff ended up going to clay hole ,but the fish just werent interested :sad:

17. Groyne

Groyne Guest

After being blown off Whitby west, I headed for Runny to fish over high water. Lads coming off the beach said it was full of weed, so I fished by the Lifeboat Station. I had one fish around 5lb (weighed 4.5lb gutted, it's stomach was empty) just before high. Plenty of Billet bites, but nowt else.

18. big cod on

big cod on Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

got 1 fish last night bang on 6 lb on cart and squid :happy:

19. halibut man

halibut man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fished Saltburn open today one good bite no fish right place but nobody told the fish.Carried on fishing got five cod to 4lb taking me to 33 1whiting 1 billet

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I fished the whitby club xmas match today 2-7. started off on rocks left of runny, got 3 there as the tide started to push. moved onto beach and got one 6lb 4oz on my last cast which got me heaviest fish and 2nd heaviest bag. so with 4 today I'm on to 33. :happy: