1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fifty Cod Challenge 2011 - 1st October To 31st December Inclusive.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice meeting you any way nick and thanks for the rockling interception :yes:

2. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Ha funny you should say that Paul I should of had another 6 or 7 that night but I just couldn't hook them and they were riving the rod right over and pulling away but couldn't hook them weird eh and I'm on 32 now glen

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Ive had a marathon session today. Went down Hawsker for a daytime sesh and blanked miserably , it was a bit too heavy to be honest. Then my fortunes changed tonight when i went to runny and managed 7 up to about 4.5lb from the rocks on the left, about 100 yards to lobbers right, so Im up to 29

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cracking session there matty, well done bud :yes:

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Crackin sesh Matster, Hawsker was well disappointing bud.........i ended up with 3 (4lb, 3lb and 1 around 2), 1 from cliffs at RHB on first of ebb the other 2 from Holbeck..........47 now

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Stick our facebook page in your favourites for updates as they happen.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whitby-Sea-Anglers/211560138890758

The Story So Far

Mark Gelder 47
    Lobbers 42
    Lawsey 32
    Matty 29
    Bow 1 - 29
    Seanyroo - 19
    Halibut Man 13
    Egg - 12
    Mike33 11
    Glenn - 10
    Newbury1 - 9
    Woody - 9
    Crusty 8
    Rubbish 6
    Rob Q 5
    Not so deadly Growler Rich 5
    Jape 4
    Jellyworm 4
    Boomstick - 4
    Deadlyfishrich 3
    Dan The Pollack 2
    Steve 2
    Gadget -2
    Captain cod eye 1
    Bowsey - 1
    Lerch - 1

7. woody

woody New Member

well done matty !!! come on mark pull your finger out this week dont have lobbers beating u mate !!! well done

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Couldn't believe it last night in holbeck, pulled 2 fish out of dogleg in 1st 3 casts while i was waiting to get into another hole, thought i was going to bag up, never got another touch after that. Gunna sort report out this aft.

9. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Thats some fishing Lobbers, well one bud, youve had a cracking stamp of fish as well, nice 1 Woody as well.....There must of been well over 100lb of cod between you 3, bet that pic looks mint, hurry up and get the pic on Woodster

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well done Matty you did well to get a few in front of you , nice bag that.

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

anybody would be elated with a fish nudging 9lb, but it came ten minutes late :cry:

43 down only 7 to go

12. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Fished whitby west during the day on saturday with my mate paul and big cod, I managed another 3, my camera is on the blink at the min, so no photos. biggest was around 4lb, 3 2/1lb, and maybe 2 1/2lb - 3lb, so puts me on 8 now.

13. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Fished Bemmo tonight with Deadly, managed the 3 codling i needed to take me to the magic 50.........report to follow

14. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Well done Mark have you thawed out yet! ....

15. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well done mark, it was close this year, but you got there first ,and well done paul on a good run as well,

take it rich didnt get a fish up the cliffs then :confused:

16. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Jesus fella it was cold last night, i can't remember getting as cold as that for along time, it was that wind, if it had stayed as it was it wouldn't have been a problem, don't know what the wind chill must have been....................

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done on hitting the 50 Mark, you've been having a good season bud :cool: :cool:

18. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Well done Mark congratulations. Fantastic achievement with the less than favourable conditions over the last few weeks.

19. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

We'll done mate

20. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Mark on getting to the 50, top effort mate, especially considering you don't live anywhere near the coast!