1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cod Lady On Sea-Otter 2 And Thursday wrecking Another Belter

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Apr 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Decided today to have a go at some wrecking and ground fishing on the 9 mile i only had 3 gentlemen and lady onboard but with a cracking forcast it was all systems go we armed shads and plenty of squid i had a few of my favourite spots to try.

Now the lady onboard was here first time on charterboat her partner has fished quite a few times before i set the lady up with a bait rig with a full squid on a 7% strong trace line just incase should hooked into something big and was like shelling peas it was fish after i even rigged her up on shad and bang here rod was over she had a day she wont forget in a long time the other 3 guys also did very well stascks of fish but nothing big today but all in all a lovelly day at sea and plenty of fish for the freezer.

She just couldnt go wrong she ended up well into the top teens of fish .

[​IMG]

Happy anglers with a few of there catch.

[​IMG]

paul.

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Thursday crew had another cracking day especially ken never fished on charterboat before and managed to win the daily with a fine cod of 8lb 8oz his persoanal best but the other lads also had very good day indeed regual lad mal from middlesborogh had his second best he has ever had in many yesterday on sea -otter 2 he lost count how many fish he caught all on squid but shads are now hammering the fish they are fire.
    Also john and his son did really well some really nice fish a lot around the 5lb mark they gutted them and maybe should have sent them to the scales they might have sneaked into the minor placeings.

John with his best of the day.

[​IMG]

John with a few of his fish
    [​IMG]

Mal starts his run of many.

[​IMG]

Mal with a few of his fish

[​IMG]

And ken with his persoanl best cod of 8lb 8oz taking the £50 daily in competition a very well done ken.

[​IMG]

paul.