1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Carrs lakes Carlton

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bobthedog, Oct 15, 2016.

1. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Been fishing the Tees the last few weeks, now the temperature is dropping the fish are on the move to their winter haunts so decided to give the Carrs a go before it gets to cold . Why is it that the owners of these places always take your money then tell you that the lakes not been fishing well for over a week.
    Started on the method feeder trying a selection of baits, only managed to get two bites landing one carp of about 3lb on good old bread. For the last couple of hours I switched to the pole feeding maggots quite heavily. For the first half out I had to work my way through a lot of small perch then the roach started to show. I ended up with a couple of roach that were getting on for two pound a piece and a decent skimmer. So not to bad a day in the end, the carp men were struggling for the odd bite never mind fish.

2. basha

basha Blenny

the carrs hasnt been fishing well all yr compared to other seasons and its wick with rats running all over.gave up fishing it last yr because of that reason,they were running over my feet.he's pricing is strange aswell he charges you differant prices everytime you go.been spending my time on the trent as the tees/swale have been very poor all season compared to last yr.i predomintely fish for barbel so head to the trent now,better esults all round if you dnt mind an hour and 40 mins trek.......if your interest in that sort of thing check newark piscatorals website out.....cracking fishing.

3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Mark, fancy finding your name here, plenty of info to get you back up to speed on the local stuff

4. basha

basha Blenny

now bri.
    thought now im back on the sea scene i would rejoin back up.
    think its mostly fb these days its very quiet on here,but never the less its worth sticking my name down.
    noticed you was still about on here.first couple of sizeable cod the other night stuck em back mind,was as much hard work as the barbel fishing has been all yr but still early....enjoyed it mind,dnt relise how much i missed the sea fishing.