1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best player you ever saw ???

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hau9q9lWjXM

As a Leeds fan it pains me to say the best player I ever saw in English football was Eric Cantona. In the charity shield the year after Leeds won the title (now 15 years ago) we were 2-1 down to Liverpool then up stepped Eric with a hatrick and the Fans worshipped him. Not long after he was sold to Manu (a team who hadn't won the title for 2 decades at that point) The rest is History.

What was Howard Wilkinson thinking of selling the worlds best player for 1 million ?

Manu U have never been the same side without him - untill this year that is.

Have a look at the video - the man was a genious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hau9q9lWjXM

2. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Absalute LEGEND.
    Even with his seagulls and trawlers.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea".

Follow the Whitby Trawlers and its undersized cod they are chucking back.

So who is everyone elses fave player ? I quite liked Matt Le tiss too. Gorden Strachen was a big favorite at Leeds. Rooney has to be the best present day player in the English leagues ?

4. MFC

MFC Blenny

Bob Latchford for the mighty Everton.Scored 30 GOALS IN A SEASON,saw him play against man u and guess what he scored... to help win 2 .1.must not forget Alan Shearer, brilliant player seen him play just before he retired .
    P;S HOPE LEEDS STAY UP.

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

Best player Everton ever signed was a certain AJ ,poached from my boys Mr Tash man ;) ;) ;)

6. MFC

MFC Blenny

HE`s not bad either martin ........

7. cod master

cod master New Member

i would rate stewart downing or mark viduka

8. rickylo

rickylo fishings for life

Most consistent player over the last decade or so,for my money it has to be Ryan Giggs.Speed,ball control,goals,and dedication to his only club.But saying that "Eric"was probably my "Roy of the Rovers",with both skill and great goals to his credit ;D

9. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Gaza, Arsenal vs Tottenham at Highbury in '89 or '90, could still stand up in those day's 47 000 capacity crowd and another 5000 outside the ground. One nil to the Arse-nal as I remember it, usually was under Mr Graham.

T

10. longcast22

longcast22 New Member

the one and only Big John Charles ,the gentle giant, what a player,

11. Markus V 07

Markus V 07 New Member

Ruud VanNistelRooy Is A Legend Of A Player Until He Left Man U :mad: :D Lol

. Markus .