1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Bass Plug For Shore Fishing ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 27, 2008.

?

WhatAre Your Favourite 3 Bass Plugs For Shore Fishing ? Please State Why You Rate The Plug So High.

1. Storm Chug Bug

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Maria Chase SW

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Maria Chase BW

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Maria Angel Kiss

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. Yozuri Crystal Minnow

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Yozuri Poppers (Please state which model)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Rapala X Rap

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. Maria Chico Boco

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Maria Pop Queen

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  11. Rapala Skitter Pop

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  12. Daiwa Saltiga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Grauvell (please State Which Model)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Dexter Darter

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  15. One That Isnt Listed Here (Please State Which Below)

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  16. Megabass Zonk Gatoride

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  17. Patchinko Top Water

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Stick any lure next to a storm jointed thunderstick and they will look amazing, even the cheapest ones you can find.

Im taking my young lad bassing this summer, and hes on the cheap lures. Ill let you know how he does. Mike 33 had some cheapos last year and often did well on them.

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, cheaper lures do work and work very well. Doesn't have to be the most realistic either, if that was the case then spoons/spinners wouldn't work. My point is expensive lures are expenisve for a good reason, you can't really compare a £2 lure with a £15 lure. I sell some lures that are over £20 but it all makes sense when you see them in the water. I don't understand sometimes why people are soon keen to spend a small fortune on rods/reels but cheapout on lures, it's the lure that catches the fish :wink: Understandable if fishing snaggy areas though, can't be loosing £50 worth of lures each session :happy:

3. Baramundi Bob

Im with you on that Sam and personally I do opt for the quality expensive lures myself. I think Dav said the most sensible thing I've ever heard about the price of bass plugs. It was something like -"You wouldn't think twice at spending £10 for some worms, and peelers for a session cod fishing, so why complain about the price of a plug that may last all summer".

Just taking a closer look at the situation (Being devils advocate) is there really a difference of £8-10 pounds worth of quality between the cheap and the expensive patterns ? Or are we paying for a name ?

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

i just hope i have bought the right ones

bass buster
    chase bw & sw
    maria angle kiss
    yo zuri crystal minnow
    and storm chug bug

are these the right one i hope so

5. Baramundi Bob

All good lures Ducky. The maria plugs seem to be very popular.

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well thats good to hear i got the right ones :laugh: lets hope they get me a fish

7. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

They're all crap John, don't fret I'll give you a fiver for them

8. Baramundi Bob

Ill give you £6

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

and what do you both know about them, do you both think you can out fish me :laugh: :laugh: . come on iain i out rain you up hawsker :laugh: (in my mind) but can still out fish you both :laugh: :laugh: . and the starting bid is a yak

10. robq

robq Rockling

The build quality on some of the cheap lures is rubbish !! cheap self tapping eyelets screwed into plastic bodies that will pop out under the slightest pressure :ugly:

However some of the cheaper lures are actually quite good :yes: fladden do a very good copy of the J13 that is very good and costs around £3 - £4. Veals do the bass bandit 2 for £3.99. I am not knocking the top end lures because I have around 20 x-raps, slivers, crystal minnows and maria plugs and have just spent another £40 this week :whatever:

If I am trolling unpredictable ground where losses could be heavy then I will put on a fladden :yes:

I am sure that a few companies source their lures from factories where more "exclusive" companies shop !!

Rob

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

they'll do you for now John until you can get hold of a jointed thunderstick :whistle:

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

and you know where to get them for do you ken :crazy: and whats the price????

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

My fave lure John - just very dependable and such a shallow diver - ideal fished over our shallow scarrs and kelp beds.

Think Glenn has a few knocking about :whistle: :wink: :cheesy:

14. bucko

bucko New Member

There's a rumour about some Thundersticks that should be in my hands about the second week in May;)

Has anyone tried the 'Suspending Mullet' that Storm do?

I quite like the look of the charteuse backed one- even if they do look like something you'd see advertised in the back of a gentlemens 'art pamphlet'.

[​IMG]

15. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

gentlemans art pamphlet???????? lol

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

As much as i dont like loosing expensive plugs , this doesnt stop me chucking them into the snaggyiest kelp strewn ground .....as for me if you dont loose one your not fishing the right places....

17. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

I've never hooked a bass yet when the kelp has been showing, as soon as it's covered by a foot or two the fun begins

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Oops sory didnt mean chucking them onto the fronds ....but that said i have had alot of my bass at some spots were every other wind of the reel i hit a strand .....

19. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

[​IMG] just a comparison of cheap and quality..top the yo-zuri,bottom a sidewinder by capture lures..im sure you'll agree,the yo-zuri stands out much more.

20. Baramundi Bob