1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Bass Plug For Shore Fishing ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 27, 2008.

?

WhatAre Your Favourite 3 Bass Plugs For Shore Fishing ? Please State Why You Rate The Plug So High.

1. Storm Chug Bug

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Maria Chase SW

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Maria Chase BW

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Maria Angel Kiss

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. Yozuri Crystal Minnow

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Yozuri Poppers (Please state which model)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Rapala X Rap

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. Maria Chico Boco

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Maria Pop Queen

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  11. Rapala Skitter Pop

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  12. Daiwa Saltiga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Grauvell (please State Which Model)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Dexter Darter

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  15. One That Isnt Listed Here (Please State Which Below)

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  16. Megabass Zonk Gatoride

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  17. Patchinko Top Water

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Thats right Phil,some of the stuff on this site(www.hogylures.net) gives you a little insight into whats available out there but there are loads more worth taking a look at.Richie as Gary says I am 100% certain if you do a bit of homework there will be loads of places around those venues that are worth a look and don't be put off by a few blank trips when you first start out.

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I am just starting pluging next year ,my mate GJW put me in the right direction he's agood lad knows whot he's talking about ,I have a selection same as quints photo. plus a few chug bugs agel kiss and mari chase seem to be the killers going on whot i have been told and heard,i will find out next season ,got my plugs from veals .

3. richie7

richie7 Blenny

The wife has offered to buy me a plugging rod for christmas so could any of you guys recommend a rod, thought 11ft would be ideal length for me but what model ? Do you fish braid with a mono leader or just mono straight thru?
    Sorry hope i aren't thread drifting.

Rich

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Got a couple of slivers that might work well from me yak next summer ... :tease:
    Yeah gotta agree andys lure selection is second to none , some wiered and wonderful lures in there , i too was mesmorised by the shinyness of them all glen ,,, :cheesy: they look top quality lures like . sooooooo lovely....... :laugh: :laugh:
    As for using lures with marks on them , i defo think they dont work as good as when they are shiny and new , its defo the case , altho i must agree i do think abit to deep into it , at certain times of last season i even started thinking me reel gearing may of been abit to slow at 5 71 i thought about getting a 6 to 1 to carry as a spare incase the bass wanted summat abit quicker ... :embarrass:. but again i know some people say wind faster but when you get ure reeling hand into a nice rythem it just doesnt seem right to mess up that rythem and start reeling very quickly especially with a single handed spinning reel ......... :embarrass:.....
    Thoughts for next summer
    Badly marked lures e bay.....
    Faster reel to cover certain instances ....
    Kayak....

5. skl

skl Blenny

richie7.... I Bought a Mike Ladle 11' 2pce Surespin Mk11 from Veals last year they cost £80. I did quite a bit of looking before I got it. I can't fault it in any way, perfect for plugging of float fishing.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Think it was Graham Hill on with Gilbey that said he preffered his lures once they were worn in a bit.

7. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Thats correct Glenn he was refering at the time I believe to a jointed thunderstick(underrated plug I think) worn because of the number of bass he had taken on it . . . .lucky fella,no sorry not lucky a very knowledgable,helpful bass angler from Yorkshire too.

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

I also use a Mike Ladle Surespin Mk11, cant fault it lovelly rod.. :yes: :happy:

9. Hammy

Hammy New Member

Well, I am P'd off now with reading these posts! - as despite getting all geared up to go plugging, and making my own three eyed beasties, I badly broke my ankle early on and haven't been able to go rock hopping at all this year, so haven't got to try it out! :cry:
    Hope you've had better luck than me- praps somebody has actually caught something! :cheesy:
    I'm wanting the dark winter nights now, so no one will see me hobbling down to the sea with a mate supporting me so's I don't go over on me buggered ankle again! :angry: :wounded: :laugh:

10. richie7

richie7 Blenny

thanks lads i'll take a look at them.

rich

11. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Any of those will work.

the trick is to keep changing lure and changing location - cast no more than a dozen times from one rock ,then move. Work along the piece of coast you're on, then change lure and work back - keep trying untily you get something that works - but to be honest, if it is moving close to a feeding bass, is rougly the right size, then it will hit it.

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

The thing is how much do you think the colour of the lure influences the fish , Is it pure coincidence or do you think the colour matters.or is it just in given areas different colours work ? im maybe just un confident when i havent got a particular colour on , even the fish think so ....

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Do you think colour is important Dav ??

I dont have a vast amount of experience but do remember 1 day last year. Mike was on the maria BW - silver red head and I was on the storm thunderstick met rainbow. Mike took 5 or 6 bass all from the same spot (Within yards of each other) yet I threw my plug in there the same amount of times and blanked.

[​IMG]

There was plenty of other times where we both fished well on differnt lures though.

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

I actually do reckon colour matters , i know a majority is the style of lure and the way its worked , but i do think colour plays a big part in this......

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

Brill pic by the way.....cant wait for some of that :cheesy: :cheesy:

16. GJW

GJW Rockling

I believe confidence in a certain lure is more important than the actual colour..
    you wouldn't catch me useing one of them red head maria thingy's.. :whistle: :wink:

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

because this first my first season at targetting the bass with lures, i am not going to be blinded by to many gimmicks or by certain colour's of lures that seem to be flavour of the month , :no: i will take note of what is posted by more experienced bass men like dav gjw ken and glen and put there advice into practice :yes:

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Confidence does play a big part , is my lure running to fast /slow, is it to erratic/not erratic enough , is it to deep to shallow etc etc , but i really do think colour matters ..well with bass and in my own experience anyway ......

19. kipper

kipper New Member

i have bought three BBZ shads from sam and until i have put them to use i cannot comment on their results. i only know from the promo vid that they work a treat- they certainly look the buisness.

i use 30lb braid (yellow) and a 24inch mono plus wire trace, then plug. the wire trace is for snagging- hate to lose the plugs.

kim

20. 09tindac

09tindac Could'nt catch a cold

when going for bass in a yak, do you just troll them along through over sand, rock, weed??, or just cast and use like a soft lure i.e. reel, let it drop, reel, let it drop etc.

What type of lures would you recommend for the shores off scarborough??

Phil T