1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Bass Plug For Shore Fishing ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 27, 2008.

?

WhatAre Your Favourite 3 Bass Plugs For Shore Fishing ? Please State Why You Rate The Plug So High.

1. Storm Chug Bug

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Maria Chase SW

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Maria Chase BW

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Maria Angel Kiss

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. Yozuri Crystal Minnow

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Yozuri Poppers (Please state which model)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Rapala X Rap

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. Maria Chico Boco

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Maria Pop Queen

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  11. Rapala Skitter Pop

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  12. Daiwa Saltiga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Grauvell (please State Which Model)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Dexter Darter

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  15. One That Isnt Listed Here (Please State Which Below)

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  16. Megabass Zonk Gatoride

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  17. Patchinko Top Water

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. GJW

GJW Rockling

The chase lures are good lures, but the finish is poor, once you have had a few bass they become chipped and start to look scruffy, rapala and yo zuri seem to be finished better...

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

My Yozuri is hammered Gary :wink:

3. Baramundi Bob

4. skl

skl Blenny

After my first year of Bass fishing with plugs without doubt my most successfully lure is the Yo-Zuri Mag Popper.

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

they still fish well when they are hammered, must be the action

6. Baramundi Bob

Ive had success on Storm jointed thunderstick, Yozuri crystal minnow (Red head) and Maria Chase BW (red head). One thunderstick has lasted all summer. But every maria chase I get I loose inside of an hour. A costly experience

7. Lobbers

rapala's defo take more hammer than these new fandagke plug, but my selection of plugs wont work over this side of the tees, the chase seemed to do the biz,, all my rappalla's £200 quid worth did nowt,, saying that all my plugs were divers fot the north, and you need shallow runners for the south, it boils me brain

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes must agree Paul, but you cant beat a shiney new one to fill you with confidence... :yes: Dav has to be the worst for it if his lure has a few scratches and is failing to catch it sets the ball rolling in his head that the bass are put off from taking it... :whistle: just pass them on to me Dav.... :laugh:

9. Lobbers

i have a shadrap in the box that has caught me 100 plus bass, one of my others i gave to dunbar for three sesions , tony had his own, we had around 40 bass each in 3 sessions, from the north, they dont work on our side at all, its that one spot, correct depth etc, thats why i envy you and dav for doing what you have done this season, awesome

10. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

When I have taught myself Japanese and tried a few of those you were looking at on friday Glenn I might have a "new best friend" until then its the Luckycraft Gunfish.Probably cos within minutes of chucking one out for the first time I had a bass on it off the top.Mind the white patchinko worked well for them Channel Island silvers.Having said all that I have had a double hook up twice on a green mackeral coloured duel aile(yo-zuri mag minnow).Oh this is too much,they are all the best plug in the whole wide world after you have just caught a bass on em . . . . . aren't they?

11. Baramundi Bob

Beautiful lures Andy. I was mesmorised, they sort of cast a spell on me. :laugh:

Ive never seen so many lures :cheesy:

12. Lobbers

you yakkers should maybe try the range i used ten years ago they might work well on the yak

13. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

If I average a bass per plug next year that should be around 200 or is that how much they cost :crazy: :crazy: Soft stuff is the challenge next year and that includes you GJW.None of this Maria Chase red head stuff I am sure our lass thinks she's someone I meet when I'm fishing and that Maria Angel Kiss is a lap dancer from Angels :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

14. GJW

GJW Rockling

Whats this Andy you havent been eyeing up yet more shiney things... :surprise: :surprise:

15. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Nah Nah Nah mate I'm into the dark world of rubber and latex now . . . .

16. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

John was right you know . . . . . . . . . .and with that I'll leave em all guessing Gary :wink:

17. GJW

GJW Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know what you mean them black rubber things catch more bass than any plug i have ever set eye's on especially in shallow water less than 3ft after dark,, its definately worth taking that approach and i will be giving it more of my time next season..... :cool:

18. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

rubbers the way forward then andy?

19. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Was looking at taking a break from summer coarse match fishing and maybe going plugging ang spinning. Are there any venues worth targeting between Barmston & Scarborough or would i be wasting my time?

thanks

Rich

20. GJW

GJW Rockling

Hiya Richie, I am not to clued up on that area of coastline, but what i can say is that last season we tried a few spots that we had no idea would produce bass, it was really a mission to see if bass were present on more than a few of the more popular marks, and what i can say is what we found far exceeded any of our expectations, and it seemed bass were in good numbers and widespread,,, once decided on the venue it was a case of haveing a few casts and move to cover more ground until you came across a shoal, a lot of the fish were small between 1lb-2lb 8oz, with the odd better one getting close on towards the 6lb mark, what i can honestly say is go and give it a try, you might have to put a bit of time in but it will be rewarding in the end...It really did open my eyes because some of the spots i had fished for years with no idea what lurked below simply because i had a one track mind with my cod goggles on... :laugh: I really have enjoyed this summer bass fishing and i really hope to learn more and improve and find more new locations next summer... :yes: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Tightlines