1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Bass Plug For Shore Fishing ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 27, 2008.

?

WhatAre Your Favourite 3 Bass Plugs For Shore Fishing ? Please State Why You Rate The Plug So High.

1. Storm Chug Bug

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Maria Chase SW

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Maria Chase BW

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Maria Angel Kiss

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. Yozuri Crystal Minnow

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Yozuri Poppers (Please state which model)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Rapala X Rap

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. Maria Chico Boco

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Maria Pop Queen

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  11. Rapala Skitter Pop

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  12. Daiwa Saltiga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Grauvell (please State Which Model)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Dexter Darter

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  15. One That Isnt Listed Here (Please State Which Below)

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  16. Megabass Zonk Gatoride

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  17. Patchinko Top Water

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

great idea ken, you provide the lures and i'll provide the rope :wink: :embarrass: :whistle:

2. bucko

bucko Guest

Of relevance to this thread:

http://www.mikeladle.com/tackle/tackle195.html

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

The owld x rap is top dog upto now......must say i didnt vote the x rap but do agree it is a top plug to have in ure armoury .....and one of the first to do the bizz for me ,,,,,,, :yes: :yes:

4. bucko

bucko Guest

The 'addiction' struck again on Saturday.
    2 Yo Zuri F Crystal Minnow 'red head's
    1 Yo Zuri F Crystal Minnow Blue Yellow
    1 Yo Zuri F Minnow 'Yellow Tiger'

The 'Yellow Tiger' looks really good- kind of a gold/yellow/green combination with a barred back.
    All I need now is a couple of Jointed Thundersticks and a new Chug Bug from Sambo and thats it for lure buying.

For now... :pray:

The colour chart doesn't do them justice though!

[​IMG]

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Been advised on shallow lures for this little jaunt of mine to Guernsey, been recommended Storm jointed thundersticks which I've just ordered from Sam, what are the other very shallow lures available? Have a few poppers of course :wink:

6. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

the crystal minnows ian mentions above are good ones mate,and the normal storm thundersticks too :yes:

7. bucko

bucko Guest

Well so much for travelling light this year- it was round two of sorting this years selection last night!

[​IMG]

Check out the colours on the blue/yellow one:

[​IMG]

And I started tying up some bass flies last night- a few experimental ones before tying up all the Clousers/Pipefish etc that everyone wants.
    The brown one is a little pipefish pattern I was toying with after getting some excellent black and gold barred mylar!
    [​IMG]

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:surprise: :surprise: They look spot on Bucko

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Dont they just ray , err ....the cue starts behind me :cheesy:

10. bucko

bucko Guest

Wait until you see MK2 then lads!

My thinking with the red head one is the discussion on here about 'redheads' being so effective and a couple of the lads wanting some to fish behind a bubble float so while its quite minimal it should have a bit of 'waggle' in it and enough weight to take it down to about 1 foot or so.

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

What sort of depth do you think it will reach on a steady retrieve on a 6 to 1 reel bucko ? fished behind a bubble float ? cheers ,

12. bucko

bucko Guest

With the regular eyes I reckon about a foot as its quite a slim dressing but I can add extra lead to the head or tungsten beads to give it extra weight. I also have a couple of solid lead bodies that are too heavy for a fly rod (about 2.5g) that would be ideal for the job.

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

So could you use them with a spinning rod ?

14. Hammy

Hammy New Member

This is what you need, I can only make so many, so don't all ask at once! :laugh:
    [​IMG]

Sorry the picture quality is poor, but this is a top lure for anywhere near a nuclear power station!

15. bucko

bucko Guest

I found they are a touch too light for that Ray but put them behind a bubble float or Sbirolino and they'd be spot on.

16. cps

cps Rockling

i like a good red head even more so if they take it down

17. Doc

Doc New Member

Black and silver J 13

18. Jetty

Jetty New Member

maria chase bw ....holographic..... my old fella has had 4 really good size bass on them he swears by them

19. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

20. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

shadrap sr 8 sb, is my all time favotite plug for bass, probably because i caught absolutely shedloads of bass on them years ago, but i have only ever had bass on them in one spot. im into the maria's now, as the first time back plugging a chase bw caught me a nice 3lb'er :cheesy: